Sam And Max-save Problem

wildcat

I can't get past the whack a rat game so I've copied my save files from the GP32 to the PC version on my computer so I can play past that section. However, my PC game won't recognise that I have any save files. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to start the game from the beginning on the PC and transfer those?

The GP32 version is 0.3.1 cvs. The PC version is 0.5.7-cvs. However, I have also tried to do the same with just the PC game not using Scummvm and that doesn't seem to have any effect either.

wildcat,

Grab 0.5.1 for both the GP32 (from my site in sig) and the PC and try moving games about, going from 0.3.1 to 0.5.* is not going to work well as the save code is very different.

You could grab 0.4.* for the PC and sort of upgrade to that middle step is you saves are still in the 0.3.1 GP32 format.

Also, it is never a good idea to go from a higher PC version (Like CVS or 0.6.0) then the GP32 as you can be almost 100% sure it won't work :D.

With the right versions moving saves works well, I have done it literally hundreds of times.

For note: The ScummVM save format is totally different to that of the original games.

Back