Samsung dvd drive & webcam

I'm using a normal powered usb hub + usb case + ide burner driver to rip my PSX games to my Pandora all the time... besides that I didn't really do much with that combination yet... so I can't really tell you more bout it right now.

I just connected ac powered hub to pandora with usb cable connected from hub to pandora then i connected both sockets from the drive to the hub but the drive light is flickering and doesn't out,what's the problem.

How would i know it's recognised because i can't see another drive on the left panel,when you choose between file system,sd card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use the terminal and type : dmesg or dmesg I tail (the I is Fn+B not i or lowercase L )

Providing the USB hub you are using is truly USB 2.0 Hi Speed, and you haven't already used a USB 1.0 device directly into the Pandora (which will crash the USB host until you reboot) causing all subsequent items you plug in appear to be not recognised, then you should get a response from the dmesg command that lists the USB devices recognised on the Pandoras port. You can also type Isusb (which is lowercase L on the Pandora not Fn+B) and get similar output.

It should list your hub being detected, how many ports and then the device you have attached to the hub by name, serial, vendor ID etc.

Use the terminal and type : dmesg or dmesg I tail (the I is Fn+B not i or lowercase L )

Providing the USB hub you are using is truly USB 2.0 Hi Speed, and you haven't already used a USB 1.0 device directly into the Pandora (which will crash the USB host until you reboot) causing all subsequent items you plug in appear to be not recognised, then you should get a response from the dmesg command that lists the USB devices recognised on the Pandoras port. You can also type Isusb (which is lowercase L on the Pandora not Fn+B) and get similar output.

It should list your hub being detected, how many ports and then the device you have attached to the hub by name, serial, vendor ID etc.
Yes i used the terminal and got this info:

[52502.366668] usb 1-2.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

[52502.383850] hub 1-2.1:1.0: USB hub found

[52502.388244] hub 1-2.1:1.0: 4 ports detected

[52502.507873] usb 1-2.1: New USB device found, idVendor=1a40, idProduct=0101

[52502.514831] usb 1-2.1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=1, SerialNumber=0

[52502.522247] usb 1-2.1: Product: USB 2.0 Hub

[52524.835937] keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 184

[52524.941528] keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 184

[52685.300720] keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 184

[52685.395324] keyboard.c: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 184

sukhiextreme2011-openpandora:~$

Well did find my hub saying 4 ports detected but my hub has 7 ports.

Doesn't detect my drive,there is no info through terminal and when i connect first usb cable to the hub drive light starts to blink.

I ordered another hub with that the drive start to work fine.

Mariopandio the video you showed isn't very good,it just shows connection only but didn't show how to work it from vlc player and the movie was already playing,why isn't my drive showing in vlc player,how do i locate my drive in the vlc player.

If i can't make it work i can return it back and get my money back.

Last time I plugged in my Samsung DVD drive my Pandoras screen flickered. Probably too much power draw.

If you dont want to fry your pandora, use external power supply for DVD/CD external drives.

wasnt i posted earlier in the topic that VLC that sebt3 compiled was compiled without cd/dvd rom support since the pandora doesnt have one?

VLC also has been built without DVD support in Sebt3's build at the time, so unless thats been re-done since then, you also aren't going to get it to play DVD's yet...hate to be a killjoy but I'll be glad to hear if you get things working, or if updates are possible to enable these functions.
yup :)

'sudo opkg install vlc' from terminal - 'sudo opkg update' if needed first
I didn't do what you told me top do but i got vlc and gnome player some of my movies.

I can't get dvd,audio,pictures to work.

The update you telling me do i still need to do it.

no you don't (fyi the password does not appear when you type )
I have reflashed 4 times and it's same password i use everytime and when i'm trying to put it in the password,it keeps on saying sorry,try again.

The weird thing is where it says enter the password i can't type a word.

I've noticied the vlc can't read original audio and dvd disks.

no you don't (fyi the password does not appear when you type )

Listen to Alerino... when typing in the password it just looks blank.. the cursor will not even move. It looks like you are typing nothing, but you are.

Yes it worked my password went through and my drive connects to pandora fine and i just used vlc,gnome,smplayer and all my movie cd's worked perfect.

All of the logitech webcams you showed me,will they work on pandora.

the C910 has 10mp foto's and 1080p movie and autofocus will that be compatible with pandora,it

doesn't say in the description that it is work with linux.

The C910 isn't officially supported under Linux but it works, that is how most hardware is under Linux. It also might not do 1080p on your Pandora, or I don't think so as the Pandora can't play 1080p, but the webcam will scale down.

It's made in china,no way i'm buying that.

Is there any webcams made in japan,korea,taiwan,germay,uk,i will accept all from these countries.

These countries make good items.

There's no point buying webcam which does 1080p,when it's not going to work,yes it's true pandora can't play 1080p videos,i forgot about that,so better buy 720p,which will work fine.

It's made in china,no way i'm buying that.

Is there any webcams made in japan,korea,taiwan,germay,uk,i will accept all from these countries.

These countries make good items.

There's no point buying webcam which does 1080p,when it's not going to work,yes it's true pandora can't play 1080p videos,i forgot about that,so better buy 720p,which will work fine.

Countries aren't single companies (and even single companies are known to have their ups and downs). Form your opinions of products based on reviews, not prejudices.

I know one thing china products are low in quality and they tend to give problems,most items i've bought,i don't really buy anything made in china,except pc mouse only.

Companies go to china for manufacturing for cost effective but you won't get quality product made in china,they are cheap people putting used and low quality components,which the item won't last very long or work for bit longer.

Some china companies like logitech are good,i don't think they make low quality products.

Maybe i might be in trusted in Logitech c525 hd webcam,seems like nice item,will that work on pandora without any problems.

The Pandora motherboard is manufactured in China, I think.... :blink:

Back