Scan lines filter?

cuetzpalin

Hello,

Thanks to the TV Out cable I got from hmc, I finally played some games on my TV. I realized how upscaled graphics don't look very nice on today's TV sets.

I understand this is not Pandora's fault at all, but an obvious "loss" from CRT to LCD/LED/plasma technology. Browsing the net, I found adding a scan lines filter (either software or hardware) is a common workaround to get a better experience.

Is it possible to add such software filters to the Pandora? at the very least, to the TV out signal?

There are some hardware filters available, but it seems like the best ones only have VGA input/output.

Hi. Those filters can be added on a per app level and some apps already got them integrated.

Some examples are the emu ex+ emulators and PanMAME.

Vut I agree with you that it would be really cool to have those effects on a global basis.

Because the hardware will not support this out of the box, there always will be some performance penalty though if you add such effects.

Its worth the extra 40 bucks i bought a scanline generator a couple of years ago and it increases your viewing pleasure a lot these old games look as sharp as they did in the day

Its worth the extra 40 bucks i bought a scanline generator a couple of years ago and it increases your viewing pleasure a lot these old games look as sharp as they did in the day
Yes, I was thinking on getting one. Although I wouldn't be able to use with Pandora and that's a pity. Also, as far as I know, ll of them have VGA input/output which some TV-sets doesn't have.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find quite fun is that SLG3000 is kinda old and can only do 640x480 res, where some of the DIY I linked can work on higher res…

Nope. S-Video and composite video are shitty signals that are a pain in the ass to work with.

The hardware scanline generators I know are always using VGA.

What I'm sure, is that dishing 48,97€ in a SLG3000 is far too overpriced when you can make that  SLG-Width-2.gif for a few bucks… (it generate scanlines and you can adapt the width of those scanlines if you're using a larger res than 640x480)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how these would work with the Wii, I've never been impressed with it's component output.

Back