Release Scite 2.21 Ported

urjaman

"I Know. We're going for a ride."
Website
urja.dev
Hi,

EDIT: Added this screenshot because the one at scintilla.org is very old (and also, please see the subtitle):
scite.png

PND Here

No source code changes from scintilla.org scite221.tgz were needed.
Compiled with prefix=/mnt/utmp/scite . All files in the pnd are writable by user, so you can open the global options file and edit it directly in scite (no need for editing as root). Also, I recommend that you do your option modifications to the global options file, because that is in the appdata. If you create an user options file that will be written to your home directory (propably on NAND), but since that doesnt happen automatically and is avoidable I decided not to change the scite home dir to appdata.

urjaman said:
Hi,

PND Here

Compiled with prefix=/mnt/utmp/scite . All files in the pnd are writable by user, so you can open the global options file and edit it directly in scite (no need for editing as root). Also, I recommend that you do your option modifications to the global options file, because that is in the appdata. If you create an user options file that will be written to your home directory (propably on NAND), but since that doesnt happen automatically and is avoidable I decided not to change the scite home dir to appdata.

It is customary to identify what your program does either at the start or end of your post. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
pferguso said:
urjaman said:

It is customary to identify what your program does either at the start or end of your post. :)
Let me enlight what you didn't see and quote the web site :
SciTE is a SCIntilla based Text Editor. Originally built to demonstrate Scintilla, it has grown to be a generally useful editor with facilities for building and running programs. It is best used for jobs with simple configurations - I use it for building test and demonstration programs as well as SciTE and Scintilla, themselves.
Want a screenshot too ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I addition to sebt3's quote, I think that the subtitle to the post, "A Scintilla-based syntax highlighting text editor", seemed to outline it quite well, too. ;)

Thanks for your work, urjaman. :)

^I didnt see the need to repeat my subtitle in-post. Added a note about that, because it really is easy to miss.

Added a screenshot to the main post after taking a look at the scintilla.org shot (thats _very_ old and without any real content).

Back