Screen Capture

brakken

Still Fresh
I see authors are posting screen captures of their projects. I was wondering how to take a 1:1 screen capture of something I'm running on the WiZ.

Generally we're using a PC to test an app before putting it on the Wiz, and when you're running it on a the PC you can easily take a snapshot!

cat /dev/fb0 > frame

works on a lot of linux system, unless the game in question hits the hardware directly.

heh, maybe they just assumed a port would pop up but it didn't, and now are waiting for it to appear. Would've helped if they asked for it in such case :p

I downloaded the file a couple of weeks ago. It's exactly the same file as in the GP2x file archive and no it don't work at least on the latest firmware...

The download isn't even on the site - there's nothing there after the redirect. Also, if you used it already and it didn't work I don't think I'm missing out on much.

No I haven't done such port yet.
Maybe if you get some spare time you could port it over? I'd really like to take screen shots for my news articles and I don't have any Linux coding/compiling experience so I don't even know how to get WiZ stuff running under Linux to take my own screen shots that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back