Is Your Wiz Touchscreen Accurate?

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
Hi, I was just trying a simple test to see whether the Wiz screen is accurate to draw 1 pixel thick lines without too much "shake" an I found that the further towards the right of the screen I go, the worse the accuracy becomes (it is off horizontally). However, this Wiz is running 0.7.1 and I remember reading somewhere that TS accuracy was improved with the 1.0 patch so I was wondering if someone with a 1.0 Wiz could test this app for me and see how it is (drawing that is).

The controls are Select to clear the screen or B to exit.

Download the test app here.

I have the exact same problem with my retail wiz running at 1.0. Makes it really difficult to play touchscreen games like Boomshine. Once you're on the right side of the screen, it's very difficult to aim correctly.

Well that sucks. Should be fixable with a refined calibration routine in firmware though, right? GPH just has to do it.

Peter R posted on May 18 2009 at 05:30 PM said:
I briefly spoke to Orkie about it earlier and he said it is probably due to a dodgy TSLib.
I tested your app for you, I found that my wiz is very off with the touch screen, about 5-7 pixels off, no matter which part of the screen I touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
jacksterson posted on May 19 2009 at 02:18 AM said:
I briefly spoke to Orkie about it earlier and he said it is probably due to a dodgy TSLib.
I tested your app for you, I found that my wiz is very off with the touch screen, about 5-7 pixels off, no matter which part of the screen I touch.
Try recalibrating in the setting menu.

Peter R posted on May 18 2009 at 06:20 PM said:
jacksterson posted on May 19 2009 at 02:18 AM said:
Try recalibrating in the setting menu.
I forgot to mention that I did, its still off. Probably the firmware, I HOPE its not the hardware :/

It seems fine for me (Firmware 0.7.1, Wiz from November of last year)

wizts.jpg

By the way, when you calibrate the touch screen from the settings menu, make sure you keep the stylus pressed on the white rectangles until they turn red, simply touching them and quickly letting them go will not do anything.

Peter R posted on May 18 2009 at 07:01 PM said:
hmmm, when i'm drawing it randomly jumps about a bit and hence sometimes strange unwanted lines seem to appear.
Same, i have firmware 1.0

Quick question, the firmware is open source right? Other people can release their own firmwares?

Back