Testing The Touchscreen

pea

developer
Website
www.projectitis.com
Hi all,

I wrote a very small drawing application (in flash) to test the touchscreen.
All it does is draw pixels directly under the stylus when you draw on the screen.

I am running in to some pretty weird problems. I am not sure if it is the touch screen itself, or (more likely) the buggy F7 player on the Wiz.

So before I condemn the Wiz, can I get someone with a Wiz to please create this same very simple application in c/c++?

- White screen
- When stylus/touch detected, it draws a red point (can drag to draw a line)
- The last point is displayed in the center of the screen (e.g. 230x173)

If someone can do that, it would be fantastic! Please either post results of your test, or send me the app and I'll be happy to do it and compare with the flash version!

Pickle said:
Do you know that there is a built in touchscreen program? have you calibrated the touchscreen?
and this built in program prove that the menu sucks big time :eek:
The touchscreen works very well in the test mode whereas it's unusable in the menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
pepone said:
Pickle said:
Do you know that there is a built in touchscreen program? have you calibrated the touchscreen?
and this built in program prove that the menu sucks big time :eek:
The touchscreen works very well in the test mode whereas it's unusable in the menu.

I think this was why the Wiz was delayed. The menu was having huge issues from what I've heard from the Devs with prototypes. Haha it's good to hear it works fairly well otherwise. I wonder if anyone with a "recent" Wiz has the latest menu that is going to ship with the system, or if it's still being worked on at the last minute?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea if the Wiz menu is even going to be changed. The Flash player is going to be updated but it was never mentioned to me that a new menu would be written.

Back