Screen/Hinge Issue

coop741

Still Fresh
After transporting my Pandora in my backpack today, the screen now only displays when its fully locked open. When closing it out of the lock position it immediately blacks out.

Any suggestions?

It sounds as though your LCD cable has either become disconnected, or is failing - you don't always get the purple tint of death when this happens.

Which it is, I couldn't say, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Prometheus,

I was looking at ED's video about replacing the LCD cable, and i guess i'll first try unplugging and plugging back in the cable from the board. It seems odd that it works fine once the screen is fully open, and it was working earlier today. I wonder if the hinge moved around a bit and managed to affect the cable in some way during my travels..

Update: I've taken apart my pandora several times and managed to muck up the hinge a bit but eventually figured it out and got the case put back together.

So initially i just tried running the pandora opened up with the LCD cable uncurled and that didn't work at all. However, putting the case back together it worked fine again.

So my problem is that when i open the lid, the screen initially works and has my screen brightness settings. But opening it to around 90 degrees the screen usually blacks out but always turns back on somewhere between 90 and fully opening it up to 180 degrees. After the screen blacks out and comes back on, it sets itself to full brightness and won't dim until i manually dim the screen to the lowest setting (turning the screen off). Sometimes I can slowly tilt screen back towards 90 degrees but it will usually black out again.

So my question is, is there a problem with my cable? Could it possibly be the speaker magnet? I read on another post that the speaker magnet is the trigger for the lid switch. Would it be a good idea to remove the metal tape thats stuck onto the LCD cable?

Again, any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Back