screen lock?

Galaxis

Not strictly a system thing, but since xlock is usually supplied with X11 - I'm looking for a simple tool that locks my Pandoras' screen after suspend or an inactivity timeout - but there' nothing in the opkg packages, and nothing in the repo. Is there really nothing like that on the Pandora?

I thought it was odd to have a mobile without a screen lock.  In the end I ended up installing one of the development kits, comiling xscreensaver and writing an xflock wrapper script.  I'm embarrassed to say it bu I haven't taken the time yet to learn how to make a pnd.

By now, I have built xlockmore and xautolock (xscreensaver would probably be better), but I don't have a good idea how to package that as a PND in a useful way up to now, so that it can be autostarted on login...

There are a few PND's that deploy themselves (like a run once). Although writing to the nand is not recommended... in this case, it might be handy to not depend on a certain SD card.
to run things as root (to deploy, for example), run your script with gksu before it, this will popup credentials for you.
As for adding things to autostart (GUI): Start, Settings, Desktop, Session and Startup, third tab is Application autostart. You need to click on the maximize to go out of full screen, press shift and swipe up to move the window so that you see the "add"
Xfce uses the $HOME/.Application/Settings/autostart/ directory to store the *.desktop file you just created.

I seems like this really ought to be in the firmware out of the box.
Triggering a screen-lock on lid close would certainly be useful to me, and I can't imagine a plain screenlocker being too much of a resource hog.
Anyone know how it will work with the Pyra?

Back