Screenshots Of The Flu And Blu In Action!

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your comments regarding the BLU pictures on my Emu Website.
I agree with most of what you say although the Zodiac screen actually doesn,t look washed out in reality , it is just slightly lighter than the bLU although the camera tended to pick up on the light and heighten it.
Enough of the Zodiac , the GP32 is why i,m here and the BLU really is crystal clear.
The JPEG data loss and everything else that goes into taking pics of a TFT display has made the pictures much more FUZZY than they reallly are.
I know some of you have said it might be camera shake etc but i used a tripod with a timer on.
The pics just look slightly blurred because of the fact that the BLU has more light to give out and any "blooming" or camera fringing in the photo will be obvious.
Take a pic of your monitor screen and you will never get it as clear and sharp as it is in real life.
Its the same with the BLU pics.
I actually think the FLU pics may LOOK slightly sharper than the BLU , BUT ONLY in the pics , not in real life and only because the camera has more light from the BLU to "Bloom" and spread about , hence making the photo,s look more blurred.
So difficult to get the perfect pic.
I will be hopefully adding another couple of hundred pics of both the GP32 FLU , BLU and ZODIAC in the next few days.
Take Care and have fun Kids,
Davey Fontan.
Original Mystical Ninja... :ph34r:

Pics look seriously nice, but it kind of draws a VERY bad picture of the FLU, I know from experience that the colors look much more vibrant when I look at my screen, even though it has a glass screen mod (makes the colors come out better). But I'd really appreciate it if you remove the pics of your girl, because:

1. There are probably minors watching this
2. I was actually eating something while watching the pictures, lost my appetite all of a sudden though
3. Uhm, keep that stuff to yourself, pleeeeaaaase?

Great pics!

And its not that your girlfriend's unattractive or anything, but in this obsessively politically correct world in which we live, you may offend some. At least have a warning or something. :D

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the feedback . and for the politically correct , and viewers with a delicate nature (like Tristan) i have removed my girlfriends pics.
If you find a women in panties offensive then you musta lived in a cave with no telly or internet for the last few years.
You get more raunchy sights on the 6 o,clock news , let alone upset minors who may never have seen their mother in the her underware before.
Oh well...
I musta been born too soon , be too British and , well never mind , thats what the 60,s did to you..
I will stick with the GP32 & Console pics from now on...
Now , where did that bottle of Bells go to...(Oops ,mustn,t mention alcohol)
See ya later kiddies,
Davey Fontan...

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your comments regarding the BLU pictures on my Emu Website.
I agree with most of what you say although the Zodiac screen actually doesn,t look washed out in reality , it is just slightly lighter than the bLU although the camera tended to pick up on the light and heighten it.
Enough of the Zodiac , the GP32 is why i,m here and the BLU really is crystal clear.
The JPEG data loss and everything else that goes into taking pics of a TFT display has made the pictures much more FUZZY than they reallly are.
I know some of you have said it might be camera shake etc but i used a tripod with a timer on.
The pics just look slightly blurred because of the fact that the BLU has more light to give out and any "blooming" or camera fringing in the photo will be obvious.
Take a pic of your monitor screen and you will never get it as clear and sharp as it is in real life.
Its the same with the BLU pics.
I actually think the FLU pics may LOOK slightly sharper than the BLU , BUT ONLY in the pics , not in real life and only because the camera has more light from the BLU to "Bloom" and spread about , hence making the photo,s look more blurred.
So difficult to get the perfect pic.
I will be hopefully adding another couple of hundred pics of both the GP32 FLU , BLU and ZODIAC in the next few days.
Take Care and have fun Kids,
Davey Fontan.
That is kind of what I said a few posts back:

"It looks like a camera artifact. When photos are taken in the dark like that light areas tend to "bloom" giving an appearance of blurriness. Also there is some moire' because of the way that fixed pixel CCD camera will interact with fixed pixel LCDs. Also the pics are jpeg compressed adding another layer of artifacting which also makes some images appear blurry. Then there may be some camera focus/motion as well.

Basically what all of that means is that I would expect that it will look much better in actual life. "

So it is true it really does look great in actual life :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys,
Thanks for the feedback . and for the politically correct , and viewers with a delicate nature (like Tristan) i have removed my girlfriends pics.
If you find a women in panties offensive then you musta lived in a cave with no telly or internet for the last few years.
You get more raunchy sights on the 6 o,clock news , let alone upset minors who may never have seen their mother in the her underware before.
Oh well...
I musta been born too soon ,  be too British and , well never mind , thats what the 60,s did to you..
I will stick with the GP32 & Console pics from now on...
Now  , where did that bottle of Bells go to...(Oops ,mustn,t mention alcohol)
See ya later kiddies,
Davey Fontan...
Actually I kind of liked those girly pics. You are a lucky guy:) Off to watch an episode of Benny Hill... :D

What ... I missed the girly pics?!

Damn

too busy playing with my new BLU.

The screen is so good it is sometimes a bit too good - I was watching Lake Placid on the train up to Cardiff last night and I could see the mpeg artifacts loads more clear than I ever could on my FLU. I might try a different method of compression.

And having always used a FLU I do kind of miss that knobbly bit that sticks out of the back to turn the light on and off!

But this is a massive improvement - Yesterday was bright sunshine on the train with glare coming from every direction and the picture was still clear and bright. This is a MUCH more portable GP32 than either of the others.

Just to set the record straight:

I have no delicate nature, I just think it offensive towards your girlfriend. Wouldn't want to put any pictures of my girlfriend on the net... For one, she'd seriously wack me, then dump me, and second, my girlfriend's MY business ;) If you know what I mean :p

Pics look seriously nice, but it kind of draws a VERY bad picture of the FLU, I know from experience that the colors look much more vibrant when I look at my screen, even though it has a glass screen mod (makes the colors come out better). But I'd really appreciate it if you remove the pics of your girl, because:

1. There are probably minors watching this
2. I was actually eating something while watching the pictures, lost my appetite all of a sudden though
3. Uhm, keep that stuff to yourself, pleeeeaaaase?
Lost your appetite from a girl in panties? :lol: Unless she was hideous?

I see you also have a Zodiac. How's the washing of the colors on the Zodiac compare to the BLU? And more pics would be nice (Maybe some commercial games or GPcinema?) :D

Michael Knight....MICHAEL KNIGHT....!!!!
Is that the guy from Knightrider...
COOL...
If i look like him them i,m not doing bad for a 44 year old guy....
Thanks...I,ll take it as a compliment..
Ok...Off for a spin in KIT....LOL...
Davey Fontan...

Michael Knight....MICHAEL KNIGHT....!!!!
Is that the guy from Knightrider...
COOL...
If i look like him them i,m not doing bad for a 44 year old guy....
Thanks...I,ll take it as a compliment..
Ok...Off for a spin in KIT....LOL...
Davey Fontan...
Kit is not a car you can just 'go for a spin in'

he is a technological marvel that should be treasured and only driven when a hot woman is in danger

David Hasselhoff is GOD!!! (I think inopia will agree)

What ... I missed the girly pics?!

Damn

too busy playing with my new BLU.

The screen is so good it is sometimes a bit too good - I was watching Lake Placid on the train up to Cardiff last night and I could see the mpeg artifacts loads more clear than I ever could on my FLU. I might try a different method of compression.

And having always used a FLU I do kind of miss that knobbly bit that sticks out of the back to turn the light on and off!

But this is a massive improvement - Yesterday was bright sunshine on the train with glare coming from every direction and the picture was still clear and bright. This is a MUCH more portable GP32 than either of the others.
Another thing I noticed about the BLU. I doesn't have that annoying bright white border around the edges of the screen like the FLU does. The only light is the light from the game.

Not having that border there makes a huge difference - the pupils of your eyes don't shut down as much - In the dark it was a bit of a shocker just how much light the FLU was leaking in every direction!

The Atari ST emulator is playable on loads more games now - with my FLU I had trouble seeing what was going on 'cos the ST's pallette was a bit murky and the frontlight would wash it out even more.

Different story with the backlight off tho' .... the LCD is barely reflective at all and you can't see a thing without the backlight. I'll only really switch it off to listen to .ogg files.

It's not like battery life is an issue - I have played for over 7 hours solid on this (mostly at 166 'cos my flu couldn't do that) with the light on all the time. What more battery life could you need? :)

The Atari ST emulator is playable on loads more games now - with my FLU I had trouble seeing what was going on 'cos the ST's pallette was a bit murky and the frontlight would wash it out even more.
This is SO true.

I'm actually having fun playing games witm my BLU, I had pretty much stopped using my FLU.

Games like Galaga on the Nes, and Contra are so much better. I can finally see the bullets and the contrast is so good I can play without straining my eyes. B)

I'm so glad I decided to get a BLU.... :D

Nice :D

Now I want a BLU, too :angry:.

And how do you expand screen in LjGP? The "draw 240 lines" option is the only thing that looks like it might do it, but it just expands up and down. And I did RTFM.

Back