Flu/blu Pics

worldwriter

Grumpy
Website
Visit site
Could some folks post some pics of their gp32's running so I can see the difference between FLU and BLU screen?... be nice if the screens were displaying the same thing....

maybe the town square in chronotrigger at the bell?... you guys pick...I just want to compare the brightness and detail...

They made the zodiac screen look allot smaller then it already is. I didnt see a dramtic diffrence between the blu and flu. The blue screen just looks a little bit nicer. The guy taking the pics is a idiot because he should of taken the same game and put it in the picture with ALL the units so we could compare it better ........... Oh WHELL guess we have to meet idiots everywhere we go... Even on the net :p

hmmm.... I hope those screenshots didn't do justice to the FLU cause it made my heart sink a lil at the loss of detail... since my FLU is already bought and paid for...just waiting to be shipped... :(

someone please tell me the FLU screen isn't really that inferior to the BLU...

EDIT** then again I am getting my flu and accessories for $100 so... deal either way:):):):)

hmmm.... I hope those screenshots didn't do justice to the FLU cause it made my heart sink a lil at the loss of detail... since my FLU is already bought and paid for...just waiting to be shipped... :(

someone please tell me the FLU screen isn't really that inferior to the BLU...

EDIT** then again I am getting my flu and accessories for $100 so... deal either way:):):):)

I had a FLU, then sold it so I could get BLU.

FLU Pros: Viewable screen in bright light, so you can turn off the light, saving battery power. Cheaper cost.
FLU Cons: Washed-out colors (when compared to BLU). Crappy old firmware, needing freelauncher to load apps.

BLU Pros: Super-crisp clarity, better color saturations. Newer firmware; no need to get freelauncher.
BLU Cons: Screen is virtually un-viewable in bright lights, sunlight (even with the BLU on)

Last edited by a moderator:
well in that case.... my FLU will be ok for me...

it has been flashed with the Euro BLU firmware by its original owner and I'll be mostly using it in office lighting so looks like I'm winning twice:)....yay for me!

well in that case.... my FLU will be ok for me...

it has been flashed with the Euro BLU firmware by its original owner and I'll be mostly using it in office lighting so looks like I'm winning twice:)....yay for me!

Actually in office lighting the BLU looks much much better. Office lighting is not bright enough to use the FLU without the light, and with the light it washes out. The only time the BLU is not good is in direct sunlight.

Those pictures were dodgy, full of moire and the lighting wasn't done right. I could post a pic of the BLU but I don't have a FLU anymore to compare it with. Since you are getting such a good deal on the FLU you could always sell it for a profit and put the money towards a BLU (which I would recommend). Sell the FLU for $115 keep the accessories, and buy a BLU. It would be like getting the accessories for free.

/me takes bait

They made the zodiac screen look allot smaller then it already is. I didnt see a dramtic diffrence between the blu and flu. The blue screen just looks a little bit nicer. The guy taking the pics is a idiot because he should of taken the same game and put it in the picture with ALL the units so we could compare it better ........... Oh WHELL guess we have to meet idiots everywhere we go... Even on the net :p

Yes. Yes we do.

On the subject of office lighting;

I must have the world's most brightly-lit office then, since I have trouble seeing my BLU sceeen clearly under the many, many banks of flourescent lighting here. It sucks sometimes, for example, while playing Truxton (Genesis), but again, in my dimly-lit house, it's perfect :)

I don't have it in my hands yet but I've been promised it does 166 easily and he has never tried it at a higher speed but he had the mash mods voltage mod done to it so he thinks it may go higher... I have a feeling I'm getting a machine that will do at least 180 and won't be overly surprised if it goes in the 200 range... but that's just a gut feeling... another reason why I'm willing to sacrifice the BLU screen.

EDIT** Could someone do a FLU/BLU comparison test that doesn't live in a cave or atleast have the lighting of a cave and who hasn't taken their FLU to a dust convention?

eh
non-lit's fine for me
it was cheap

i wonder if vimacs will respond to that as he is reading the board right now

I don't have it in my hands yet but I've been promised it does 166 easily and he has never tried it at a higher speed but he had the mash mods voltage mod done to it so he thinks it may go higher... I have a feeling I'm getting a machine that will do at least 180 and won't be overly surprised if it goes in the 200 range... but that's just a gut feeling... another reason why I'm willing to sacrifice the BLU screen.

EDIT** Could someone do a FLU/BLU comparison test that doesn't live in a cave or atleast have the lighting of a cave and who hasn't taken their FLU to a dust convention?

Here is a BLU pic with normal room lighting (notice light on frame in upper left). It is not dark but not under a bank of lights either. The slight fuzziness and slightly uneven lighting is from camera focus and glare. The actual BLU image is sharper. The contrast is like this though.

As far as dust and the FLU, dust gets on the light guide in the FLU, it is unavoidable due to the way it is made. It is very difficult to get out because the surface is ribbed and traps dust. Also the frontlighting shines at the dust rather than through making the dust seem to "light-up".

gngfgenlow.jpg

FLUs are notorious for having dust under their screens. I do not have one, so I don't know how this affects play. Also, since this guy got it voltage modded, he may have also taken care of the dust problem (I'm not sure if it's a recurring thing or not..).

And yeah, you should get some really nice speeds with that.. very nice for oSNES9x (batteries are killer at higher speeds though).

Back