Screw movies! Get the new OpenSnes9xGP 0.2!

Rattboi

Certified Guru
Check out YoYoFr's website. It's got the newest version of OpenSnes9xGP including source! Go to http://yoyofr.fr.st/ for it.

New things include:

# 8bpp mode
# triple buffering in 8bpp mode : fixes flickering issue at low frameskip
# new transparency hack mode : zelda & mario world seem ok.
# sound bug causing random crash fixed
# .cfg file for all / per game.
# improved GUI.
# dsp1 optimized a bit.
# zsnes .zs* savestate can be loaded if correctly named (mariow.zip <-> mariow.zst, mariow.zs1...)
# C4 support (megaman X 2 & X 3)
# BUG FIXED : gamma settings not used in directcolourmode(super metroid...)
# added spc playback, using openspc++ from kode54.
# code cleaning & memory management improved
# .... check it!

So go get it!

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!!

160 mhz, frameskip 2, sound ON @ 11 khz/8 bits!!!!!!

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL!!! THIS IS FULL-SPEED SNES EMULATION, ON GP32, WITH SOUND!!! WITH SOOOOOOOUUUUUND!!!!

Dammit, now I have to deliver my firstborn to Yoyo... in person.... ah well *goes back to play some more Mario World*

Hmm...I can't play MarioRPG: "Please disconnect Super Nes Multi-Player Adapter To Start Playing"
I also can't play FFIV, it freezes at the title screen (I tried debugging).

Still can't get the bloody Sound right... too choppy in gameplay.

The menu looks a tad cleaner and I notice some improvment in the speed.

I'd be willing to donate money to the OpenSnesX crew if the rapid improvment continues with Sound being the top priorioty in the next release.

whoa blown away, mario world with sound at almost full speed, fzero without sound at nearly full speed, im impressed, if opensnes continues to improve at this rate we'll have a top notch emu in no time :D

DBZ: HD used an internal SA-1 chip (same as in Kirby Super Star, Mario RPG and Super Robot Wars EX: Masoukishin), so the problems those games have might all be linked.

Methinks Ramzy dost protest too much; sound may be kinda choppy, but it's THERE, and running at frameskip 2/3, so what's the problem?

Sid Elias posted on Dec 24 2003 at 09:37 PM said:
Methinks Ramzy dost protest too much; sound may be kinda choppy, but it's THERE, and running at frameskip 2/3, so what's the problem?
There isn't much improvment with Sound, despite overclocking to 166MHz. Without the sound, the game's running smoothly.

I'll shut up now. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
coolgpguy posted on Dec 24 2003 at 10:38 PM said:
tandem do u think that can be fixed? :blink:
With Mario RPG I usually got lockups when sound was enabled. Maybe turning it off would fix it...? But anyway, since the SA-1 was a 10MHz coprocessor (on top of the base 3.6MHz) , it'll probably drag the game to a screeching halt anyway. My bet is that the older DBZ games would run fine, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back