Scummvm: 0.10.0 Preview 1 Released

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
Full information and a download can be found here.

Feedback would be really appreciated via the ScummVM forum thread here.

This is a little bit of a short notice preview release (I have had other commitments that have kept me from ScummVM).

I would be eternity grateful to anybody who gives this build a bit of a road test over the next 24 hours or so and reports back issues to me as the aim is to release 0.10.0 final in a few days.

Those of you who follow SVN builds should find most of your feedback and 'easy' bug fixes have made this release.

Main changes in this build since the last SVN release:
  • Built from latest 0.10.0 pre-release SVN code (and only that code so ARM mixer and DXA speedups from HEAD SVN/local patch builds are NOT in this release)
  • Support for "predictive text" entry in AGI games as long as a suitable dictionary is available (included in zip) - You can access the predictive text dialogue in AGI games with "Left Trigger + A" when you want to type something.

Shadowsithe said:
From what I understand of the changes, the lack of DXA speedups should only affect Broken Sword's cutscenes, yes?
And AGOS cut scenes (Feeble Files). Those changes will go into ScummVM post 0.10.0, they are just not mature enough to go in the upcoming release.

DXA videos work just fine BTW but they are a lot slower then I would like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks DJWillis! I'll probably give this a bit of a test tomorrow - when I'm not about to go to bed. :)

Gotta go review the release info now, so I know what to check out..

Still slow in COMI...
The official 0.9.1 is about 2x faster I think? Maybe 1,5 times.

Miika said:
Still slow in COMI...
The official 0.9.1 is about 2x faster I think? Maybe 1,5 times.
Miika, please give this a rest. The threads, PM's and IM's on this topic are proving tiresome.

I do not own COMI, I do not test COMI (other then seeing the demo load) and I consider its performance to be most unsatisfactory and as such not compatible with the port. If I could remove support for COMI without damaging other SCUMM engine games I would.

COMI is, and will most lightly always be, unsupported on the GP2X, it is never lightly to hit my 80% of full speed marker. If it works well for you on 0.9.1 then please play and enjoy it there, I would find claims of it being twice as fast on 0.9.1 a little optimistic and rose tinted at best :D.

I will however concede that COMI is a good bit quicker on 0.9.1 (a feature of the engine must have changed, not the port). Its also worth noting that COMI just like any other ScummVM game works fastest without any additionally compressed files. That can make a big difference to speed in some games.

Well the topic I made about COMI was before I knew how it ran on 0.9.1.
I didn't start bothering you in PM, you self sent me an PM to a built I could test, and I replied once.

Good work, DJWillis!

I am leaving my feedback here as I don't want to register at "yet another" forum and I know you check here regulary. I am testing the preview with BASS, Monkey Island 1+2

1) When pressing Y in MI1+2 the Pause-Message flickers.
2) Missing Latin-1 support for umlauts (German; see German pause message (when not flickering)
3) Please add stick-click support in the front end (for disabled people or for standing travellers)

?) Is there a "low profile" sound font that you can recommend for the gp2x?

synkro said:
Good work, DJWillis!

I am leaving my feedback here as I don't want to register at "yet another" forum and I know you check here regulary. I am testing the preview with BASS, Monkey Island 1+2

1) When pressing Y in MI1+2 the Pause-Message flickers.
2) Missing Latin-1 support for umlauts (German; see German pause message (when not flickering)
3) Please add stick-click support in the front end (for disabled people or for standing travellers)

?) Is there a "low profile" sound font that you can recommend for the gp2x?
Cheers Synkro,

I'll look into 1, as for 2, I will try and find a German demo to test (maybe I could catch you on IRC to ask more about that), 3, hmmm, stick click should also map to B (i.e. left mouse click), I will check to see if I broke that ;). As for the soundfont, not really something I can help with.

John

I just tried running the previous version of Scummvm with The Dig and I couldn't get the sound to work for the speech. The music worked though. I'll give this version a shot and see if it's fixed.

edit: nope, still nothing. Let me know if you wanna chat on IRC or anything.

firefly2442 said:
I just tried running the previous version of Scummvm with The Dig and I couldn't get the sound to work for the speech. The music worked though. I'll give this version a shot and see if it's fixed.
Can you tell me what files makup your copy of The Dig? Did you rip it from your own CD?

What format are you using for audio, your not using something unsupported (currently) like FLAC are you?

Cheers. Is the low quality FM still forced, and is it really necessary?

Back