Scummvm For The Gp2x: 0.9.1 Preview 2 Released

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
This is just a quick preview release from the latest 0.9.1 SVN code to gather bug info and feedback.

If you want to have a peek of what (bugs permitting) should end up in the final GP2X release of 0.9.1 then by all means have a look but please leave some feedback, suggestions and if needed bug reports.

More information and a download can be found on the ScummVM for the GP2X site.

Changes in this build:
  • Built from latest 0.9.1 pre-release SVN
  • Fix for 'Exit' bugs in code and launching is now wrapped in a script with ScummVM.gp2x being the main executable
  • Default location for save games is in the saves folder under the ScummVM executable
  • Uses Modern theme by default not Classic
  • Has "zoom" mode for larger games (toggle with L-Trigger and Y in game)
  • Lots of other little fixes on savegame stuff and the like

PokeParadox posted on Oct 21 2006 at 11:29 PM said:
Nice, I'm hoping to have a dedicated SD for SCUMMVM stuff soon... :)
Yeah, I wish I had another SD card that was big enough to keep all the files on. I think my ScummVM folder is a bit over 3GB :/

Last edited by a moderator:
broken sword still cant be saved, ... i am asking if someday this will be fixed :rolleyes:

Gandalfjip posted on Oct 22 2006 at 02:44 AM said:
broken sword still cant be saved, ... i am asking if someday this will be fixed :rolleyes:

You can play the game with autosave option.You have only to play 5 minutes and the game will be saved automatically.
I have been playing that way ;)

subcon959 posted on Oct 22 2006 at 12:20 AM said:
PokeParadox posted on Oct 21 2006 at 11:29 PM said:
Nice, I'm hoping to have a dedicated SD for SCUMMVM stuff soon... :)
Yeah, I wish I had another SD card that was big enough to keep all the files on. I think my ScummVM folder is a bit over 3GB :/
Just checked my PC SCUMMVM games folder... just under 3GB :)

Gandalfjip posted on Oct 22 2006 at 01:44 AM said:

Thought I fixed that ages ago, I have only got Broken Sword 2 to test with at the moment (and saves work very well in that, I thought both games used the same save code). Just make sure you exit ScummVM cleanly to ensure the OS sync's the SD correctly.

Please remember that I do not have every ScummVM supported game to test with and as I am sticking to legit copies for a number reasons (including the fact I test all my games with uncompressed audio, MP3 audio, OGG Vorbis and such) I have to get games when I see them :eek:

Hint: I am missing Feeble Files and BS1 (Edit: Just bought a copy in town, will look at tonight) if anybody knows sites selling them (among lots of other games) ;).

I know the bug is still in there for manual BASS saving (lack or a Sync() corrupts the list of save game names) – auto saving works fine.
Let me pop into town and see if I can buy a cheap BS1 to test with this afternoon as I would like to squish this before release if I get time.

Do you get any error on the screen from ScummVM such as ‘Write Failed’ or ‘Cant update name database’ something like that?

Oh and on the autosave subject, the GP2X port is now set to every 3 minutes not every 5 ;).

DJWilllis,

I tried my saves and i still have the same crashes (using same saves). Should i do something else?
Maybe someone else can duplicate them?

1. IJ Atlantis, ride the moron to the edge of the screen then crashes
2. SamMax, ride up to the ball of twine resturant, crash after the picture of the strand is shown

DJWillis posted on Oct 22 2006 at 09:39 AM said:
Gandalfjip posted on Oct 22 2006 at 01:44 AM said:

Thought I fixed that ages ago, I have only got Broken Sword 2 to test with at the moment (and saves work very well in that, I thought both games used the same save code). Just make sure you exit ScummVM cleanly to ensure the OS sync's the SD correctly.

Please remember that I do not have every ScummVM supported game to test with and as I am sticking to legit copies for a number reasons (including the fact I test all my games with uncompressed audio, MP3 audio, OGG Vorbis and such) I have to get games when I see them :eek:

Hint: I am missing Feeble Files and BS1 (Edit: Just bought a copy in town, will look at tonight) if anybody knows sites selling them (among lots of other games) ;).

I know the bug is still in there for manual BASS saving (lack or a Sync() corrupts the list of save game names) – auto saving works fine.
Let me pop into town and see if I can buy a cheap BS1 to test with this afternoon as I would like to squish this before release if I get time.

Do you get any error on the screen from ScummVM such as ‘Write Failed’ or ‘Cant update name database’ something like that?

Oh and on the autosave subject, the GP2X port is now set to every 3 minutes not every 5 ;).

message error is savegame cant be created or something like that, same error as i said in first version of scummvm thought, ty for ur job

Pickle,

I will have another look :(, I may not be able to fix this in time for the 0.9.1 release but I will make sure it's sorted ASAP and noted in the compatibility list..

Gandalfjip,

Damm, it's the same cause as the BASS save problem, I will fix it but the changes are a little to extreme to make the 0.9.1 release. I'll update the compatibility list and fix in SVN HEAD ASAP so look for it being fixed in the 0.10.0 SVN builds after the release.

John

Thanks, DJWillis!

I tried this with 'Flight of the Amazon Queen' last night (believe it or not, it was my first time ever using ScummVM). Everything ran flawlessly as far as I could tell. Great work. :)

It would be really nice if support for some of those Humongous Entertainment games were included though. 'Putt Putt Saves the Zoo' was practically a staple in my childhood. ;)

TyBO! posted on Oct 23 2006 at 09:58 PM said:
Thanks, DJWillis!

I tried this with 'Flight of the Amazon Queen' last night (believe it or not, it was my first time ever using ScummVM). Everything ran flawlessly as far as I could tell. Great work. :)

It would be really nice if support for some of those Humongous Entertainment games were included though. 'Putt Putt Saves the Zoo' was practically a staple in my childhood. ;)
Putt Putt Saves the Zoo works with the ScummVM I have (alpha 8A) I think if the readme is up to date. The only issue was the cursor kinda blends into the background. I will test this new version and see if it still works, and whether there are any imrovements.
*edit* support level seems about the same. Cursor color issue still exists and video doesn't quite sinc with audio, but it isn't bad at all.

TyBO! posted on Oct 24 2006 at 03:58 AM said:

If you check the compatibility list you will see they are unsupported because there untested (support for them is built in). I don't own any HE games to test so by all means try then and report back and I can add them to the compatibility list.

Edit: Added Putt Putt Saves the Zoo to the supported with issues list.

You gave me some feeling from my childhood !,

Indy and the last crusade was the game I realy played
a lot, Its pretty cool

We only need ot implant the key 9 6 3 for the battle and
everthing will be perfect.

REAL GREAT JOB, THANK YOU !

paxl

Thanks for all the feedback guys,

Very much appreciated.

paxl13 posted on Oct 24 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
Indy and the last crusade was the game I realy played
a lot, Its pretty cool

We only need ot implant the key 9 6 3 for the battle and
everthing will be perfect.

That's coming but it will not make the 0.9.1 release (sorry). Still, just as soon as I stabilise the reworked 0.10.0 backend expect lots of cool new stuff like this and the basics of a text entry system for AGI games (early Sierra games) to make there way into test builds.

On a roll at the moment with the port and would like to see things progress quite rapidly post the 0.9.1 release.

DJWillis posted on Oct 24 2006 at 02:32 AM said:
TyBO! posted on Oct 24 2006 at 03:58 AM said:

If you check the compatibility list you will see they are unsupported because there untested (support for them is built in). I don't own any HE games to test so by all means try then and report back and I can add them to the compatibility list.

Edit: Added Putt Putt Saves the Zoo to the supported with issues list.
Wow... thanks for adding it to the list! I tried it, and it plays flawlessly as far as I can tell. The only problem I've experienced is occasionally the audio hiccups, but it's nothing major.

Back