Sd Card Filesystem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGML

Still Fresh
Website
matthewylim.blogspot.com
Hi..

so, i'm using a sanDisk, 2GB SD card (says "MADE FOR Wii" but that really is arbitrary, i feel), and it works fine and everything, it's just painfully slow to copy to.

I'm using a mac, and looking at the file system of the card, it says it's using FAT16... is that normal? I'm just a little leery on reformatting it, because i tried to do that already and i ended up frying the card (using Disk Utility on OS X)...

Thanks,

neogml

i dont want to be a dick but why would you pay extra 20 bucks for it to say MADE FOR WII? also LOL macs suck ... thats why idk about them sry

darkriku posted on May 21 2009 at 01:03 AM said:
i dont want to be a dick but why would you pay extra 20 bucks for it to say MADE FOR WII? also LOL macs suck ... thats why idk about them sry
$20 extra bucks?

it was $15...

if you think macs suck that's fine, but personally i think they're generally more stable than PCs and have a very nice linux base... windows vista doesn't didn't really have a proper C compiler for a while, not sure that it does now...

Last edited by a moderator:
xp is wheres its at dude but 15 is still pricey for 2g's umm it should say fat32

darkriku posted on May 21 2009 at 02:08 AM said:
xp is wheres its at dude but 15 is still pricey for 2g's umm it should say fat32
No, XP may be matched to hell but Linux is still "where it's at" ;). Your previous post was offensive for no reason at all.

Back on topic. I believe FAT16 is the correct file system but if you are using the Wiz to write to the SD card then it is probably quite slow for that reason alone.

Peter R posted on May 21 2009 at 06:31 AM) [quote="darkriku posted on May 21 2009 at 02:08 AM said:
No, XP may be matched to hell but Linux is still "where it's at" ;"]. Your previous post was offensive for no reason at all.

Back on topic. I believe FAT16 is the correct file system but if you are using the Wiz to write to the SD card then it is probably quite slow for that reason alone.[/quote]Oh, i see... yeah, i haven't been able to test it w/ an external reader/writer.

thanks!

For a 2GB SD card, FAT16 is fine. You only need to use FAT32 if your card is larger than 2GB.

darkriku posted on May 20 2009 at 09:03 PM said:
i dont want to be a dick
Then don't be one. If you don't have something constructive to add to the discussion, don't post.

darkriku posted on May 21 2009 at 01:03 AM said:
1 - [Insult removed]
2 - It's his choice to buy a made for Wii memory card.
3 - Macs don't suck, they're just overpriced and under appreciated, I run a PC with gnu/linux.
4 - GTFO

Thank you. =]

The posters question was already answered, there's no need to continue discussion on other topics such as whether someone is a dick or not.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back