SD Card space issue

EssoAir

Ok, so I have a freshly formatted 32GB SD card. I installed Lugaru and Android on it. When I look at it in the file viewed, it says it only have 800MB left, and when I tried to make Android 2GB in size, it says there wasn't enough space.

What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
no partitions, just a 32GB SD card. The partiton I was referring to was when you setup Android, you tell it how much space you want it to occupy. I said 2GB. But somehow I'm out of room on a 32GB sd

You formatted it to FAT32 with the pandora? The mkdosfs is broken and makes a 1GiB partition for "big" disks. Re-format it with a desktop linux or windows. Or make it an ext fs if you only use it with the pandora and understand the consequences. Of-course backup your files before the format.

https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded/blob/master/recipes/dosfstools/dosfstools_2.11.bb

Seems like by -r2. The important part is the largefile support flags.

We could update to 3.0 series too but I'm not sure if it is needed / worth the hassle.
ok picked the patches, compiled and pushed out.
If I understand correctly, you want me to go into terminal and do the following

>cd /media/SD-Card-With-The-Issues

>df

>du
Just start the terminal and type "df -h", then look for a line with /media , it should say how large is your card formatted to. If it's only 1GB you have hit the bug, you can try connecting to Internet, doing "System->Upgrade Pandora OS" and formating the card again.

Ignore this post. Forum made it taggy after an edit and I had nothing useful to say except that I tested the new mkdosfs and it is better.

open-pandora:~$ df -h
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs             455.5M    455.4M     92.0K 100% /
devtmpfs                244.3M    208.0K    244.1M   0% /dev
tmpfs                    40.0K         0     40.0K   0% /mnt/.splash
none                    244.3M    208.0K    244.1M   0% /dev
tmpfs                   244.3M      1.3M    243.0M   1% /var/volatile
tmpfs                   244.3M         0    244.3M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                   244.3M         0    244.3M   0% /media/ram
ubi1:boot                 6.8M      4.2M      2.2M  66% /boot
/dev/mmcblk0p1         1022.0M   1022.0M     16.0K 100% /media/Card2
/dev/mmcblk1p1         1022.0M    205.9M    816.1M  20% /media/Card1
/dev/loop0             1022.0M    205.9M    816.1M  20% /mnt/utmp/mupen64plus-r1
none                   1022.0M    205.9M    816.1M  20% /mnt/utmp/mupen64plus-r1
/dev/loop1             1022.0M    205.9M    816.1M  20% /mnt/utmp/mame4all
none                   1022.0M    205.9M    816.1M  20% /mnt/utmp/mame4all
/dev/loop2             1022.0M    205.9M    816.1M  20% /mnt/utmp/hdonk_firefox_001
none                   1022.0M    205.9M    816.1M  20% /mnt/utmp/hdonk_firefox_001
open-pandora:~$
I have 2 32 gb cards inserted and this is what comes up

Looks like you hit the bug.. it only made 1gig partitions on both SD cards.

So what is the best utility to reformat with? I have a Ubuntu machine, a mac and a Windows 8 gaming rig, so any OS is good.

If you want to test that we got the bug squashed, connect your pandora to the internet and select (from the XFCE menu)  System-> Upgrade Pandora OS and let it upgrade. Then (or even before or while upgrading) backup your SD cards if needed to a PC. Then try the create pandora SD tool (again). Repeat the df -h after that to see if it is fixed. This was all said by notaz above...

Other than that you can use the gparted pnd (put on the sd you're not formatting at each time) or a windows box or the ubuntu or propably even the mac can do it but i have no experience.

I tried updating the OS like you said, but it keeps giving me errors. I rebooted and tried again but it still tells me something went wrong and to check the log. However, the log is empty. 

I fixed it by copying all the files from the SD card to my computer, reformatting the card on my computer, copying all the files back to the card and then popping the card back into my Pandora.

Ok, I think I fucked up my copy of Android. When I downloaded the PND, I set it to 2GB, however, I had the SD card issue. Now that my cards are in order, I tried to open Android and it still wouldn't. So I thought I should delete /mnt/android so that when I loaded the PND it would think I was using it for the first time. Only now it still doesnt work.

Any ideas?

Ok, I'm now running into several issues. Can anyone direct me to a tutorial on how to reinstall the OS? Ive tried it before and it didn't work. I never could find a tutorial. If anyone knows of one, a link would be much appreciated.

It would have been useful to us if you could have remembered/logged what errors the Ugrade OS said on the first run.

http://pandorawiki.org/Firmware < - that wiki page has step-by-step reflashing instructions and the latest released full flash

You can try to ugrade the os manually from the terminal so that any errors from the package manager will certainly not be lost. That is all the script actually does, but a bit user-friendlierly.

First part, updating package lists:

sudo opkg update

If that succeeds, try actually upgrading:

sudo opkg upgrade

sudo will ask for your password (atleast on the first try), dont be surprised.

It might be helpful if you could copy+paste the errors you get from your current OS when you try this.

Unless you are not even running SuperZaxxon 1.52? You said something about problems reflashing...

Back