Sd Cards Case

WhiteFalcon

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Although this is not anything Pandora-specific, I think it has not been discussed here yet. Considering the difference in price of the smaller SD cards and the larger ones is a lot in favor of the smaller ones, I presume I will not be the only one to buy several smaller ones. For various purposes. So my point is: how to carry more SD cases safely in a single package? I have googled a bit a found a few cases, but only one you can fully use for SD cards. It can even hold 8 of them and the price is pretty reasonable. Will probably buy it. Looky look :)

00049915.jpg

00049915a.jpg

(priced at ~16 US$)

What are your plans about carrying more SD cards at once? Do you already have some nice and reasonably priced cases?

I've looked around a little and found 8GB class6 microSD-cards are about the same price as 8GB normal SD-cards around here. I'll probably pick some of those for the benefits of sharing them with my dingoo and them taking less space.

I've looked around a little and found 8GB class6 microSD-cards are about the same price as 8GB normal SD-cards around here. I'll probably pick some of those for the benefits of sharing them with my dingoo and them taking less space.

WhiteFalcon said:
What are your plans about carrying more SD cards at once? Do you already have some nice and reasonably priced cases?

I have an old School Nintendo DS case from Gamestop made for the original larger version of the DS. I measured it out and should fit the Pandora Nicely. There is a flap on the case that fits 5 DS Cartridges.. SD cards are a bit smaller but think they could slid in nicely. I'm hoping the Charger I get is one of the slim type because this case can also fit the DS charger as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Radio Shack store had a bunch of different card cases for a while that are now at around a dollar each.
There is a nice flat metal one that is Targus-branded I might grab now that you mention it.
41ZbCRMWjhL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I have an older card case from Sandisk but the thing is kind of large being compatible with about every card style made.
SDAC13G10.jpg

Personally my plan is to try to get by with a couple of 16GB cards for now and augment that with an external drive where I store my media collection.

I was looking at one of these. Looks like it should be able to hold a Pandora and a shed load of cards

51W6T0YNTVL._SS400_.jpg

conso said:

Okay, but you still have to carry them around somehow ;-)

TrashyMG said:
I have an old School Nintendo DS case from Gamestop made for the original larger version of the DS. I measured it out and should fit the Pandora Nicely. There is a flap on the case that fits 5 DS Cartridges.. SD cards are a bit smaller but think they could slid in nicely. I'm hoping the Charger I get is one of the slim type because this case can also fit the DS charger as well.

Not a bad plan, probably better to carry them along with the pandora in one case.

strider_mt2k said:
My Radio Shack store had a bunch of different card cases for a while that are now at around a dollar each.
There is a nice flat metal one that is Targus-branded I might grab now that you mention it.

I have an older card case from Sandisk but the thing is kind of large being compatible with about every card style made.

Personally my plan is to try to get by with a couple of 16GB cards for now and augment that with an external drive where I store my media collection.

Cool, can it be bought online? Guess the price would be lower even including the postage fee. I like the metal one.
The one I posted is cushioned for higher safety, guess this one is too.

Pleng said:
I was looking at one of these. Looks like it should be able to hold a Pandora and a shed load of cards

A nice find! Yet I doubt the Pandora would fit there, maybe except for putting it just loosely in the middle..

I was hoping there would be room in the official carrying case.

Gerix said:
I was hoping there would be room in the official carrying case.
Me too. I'm already running out of pockets in my jacket.

I've got a Hama soft wallet type case. It does the trick, not much protection (just padding), but I don't lose them and that's the main thing. Also it was cheap, I think paid 3€ or so for it on ebay.

WhiteFalcon said:
Pleng said:

A nice find! Yet I doubt the Pandora would fit there, maybe except for putting it just loosely in the middle..

Well it has straps to secure a PDA, so that might work. Other than that a little bit of modding could provide a snugger fit.

I plan to trim the extra plastic out of a microSD SDadapter case and then I should be able to fit 8 microSD cards in a case that's just 40mm x 50mm. I'm going to get one fast, class 6 or 10, 32GB SDHC and a few slower, class 2 or 4, microSDHC cards as I need more capacity in the future:

51xyyofSYjL._SL500_.jpg

Oops, I just realised that that's not actually a plastic case! This is what I'm talking about in case it wasn't obvious:

microsd-collegiate-cards.jpg

Play.com's SD Cards come in these *very* slim and flat plastic cases (they're not much thicker than two SD Cards stuck together). They're slim enough that they fit in one of the pockets in my wallet, whilst taking up next to no space.

I've got one of these for SD cards
http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=0910

one of these for the Pandora
http://pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1040

Waiting on my 32gb SDHC & yeah, the Pandora...

Peace & bubble

Link

$20 is a good price?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18732

:p

Kramy said:
$20 is a good price?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18732

:p

Yeah this is the emergency solution, but I think it might be handier to have all the cards in one case
than carrying a bunch of those plastic boxes..

Beside the plastic cases they don't seem to have a "proper" carrying cases on dealextreme

I've bought on of those in Japan some time ago.... probably didn't cost me much more than 5$

Back