Sd Cards

kjohn211

Still Fresh
Do you guys know of any SD cards for cheap with good quality or with really good quality and worth the price? Post some of the kinds of cards you bought for your pandora with links or where you got it from please.

Thanks

(If there is a thread that already started this discussion post it and i'll jus continue there because I cant find one although I thought there was one)

thanks for the reply, i am from the us and i was looking on ebay too but i guess thats a set up for failure. Are A-Data SD's any good

I wasn't trying to be libellous, I was trying to not give the false hope that it's easily possible to find genuine cards on eBay. :p That said, I've edited it now, to "the vast majority". :p

also watch out for resellers on amazon... sometimes you might find they sell cheaper cards that may not be 100% what you want eg: unbranded.
just read the sellers description and customer ratings for similar products and you should be fine.

other than that there are many great and cheap deals on the net :) if your worried like a was stick to a brand you trust... tho sandisk tend to be pricey

These fail the terrier test, don't buy them.

img_0610.jpg

This is the cheapest I have been able to find them for in the UK: SanDisk 16GB SD £17.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-16GB-SDHC-Secure-Digital/dp/B001W1BSM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275250143&sr=8-1

ouchi bad fido BAD! lol<br>just reposting for infos<br><br>http://www.zoombits.co.uk/ have a bank
holiday sale.<br>get a 16gb kingston sd card for £21 free delivery<br><br>just
enter the code bank22 valid til the 31st<br>that is all :p <br>bought
mine now ah well just passing on the offer to someone else<br><br><br>gah
crap forum bug :/<br>

I'd suggest looking at techbargains.com or pricegrabber.com -- specifically at their lists of SDHC flash memory prices -- and then looking at the prices at reputable vendors like Newegg, etc. It will give you a good sense of where the prices are these days for different capacities, brands, and class speeds.

Websites like techbargains also give you the ability to search through recent deals and rebates, which are these days more for small capacities rather than 16GB or 32GB cards.

In answer to the A-Data question, I think I have one that works fine, but I always assumed that the cheaper brands (Transcend, Patriot, etc.) were less expensive than brands like Sandisk and Kingston for a reason. I never really understood how a company that doesn't manufacture flash memory can make cheaper SDHC cards than a company that does manufacture them.

cobaltage said:
I'd suggest looking at techbargains.com or pricegrabber.com -- specifically at their lists of SDHC flash memory prices -- and then looking at the prices at reputable vendors like Newegg, etc. It will give you a good sense of where the prices are these days for different capacities, brands, and class speeds.

Websites like techbargains also give you the ability to search through recent deals and rebates, which are these days more for small capacities rather than 16GB or 32GB cards.

In answer to the A-Data question, I think I have one that works fine, but I always assumed that the cheaper brands (Transcend, Patriot, etc.) were less expensive than brands like Sandisk and Kingston for a reason. I never really understood how a company that doesn't manufacture flash memory can make cheaper SDHC cards than a company that does manufacture them.

Patriot is good quality, but usually low speeds. It's a pretty safe bet than anything Patriot will be decent.

Transcend is hit or miss. Their CF is very fast, very high quality. Their SDHC can either be fast or horrible. Check newegg - some of their cards have 90% 1-star reviews, while others have good reviews.

Kingston is a cheaper brand. They buy whatever is affordable. That's how you can get deals like 16GB for $30 shipped. Kingston generally has lower write speeds, but decent read speeds.

Sandisk is usually the fastest of the bunch, but also the most expensive. Good quality, bad price. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back