SD Slot #2 seems to have died...

MattF

Still Fresh
The right-side SD slot on my Pandora seems to have died. It doesn't seem to register any card-inserts, the relevant activity LED briefly flickers, but they don't mount and appear on the desktop. Putting the same SDHC cards in to the left-side slot has them work properly, but the card that normally lives in the left slot also does not work in the right-side one.

dmesg says:

Code:
[  922.486145] mmci-omap mmci-omap.1: MMC IRQ 0x108000 : ERRI DTO

[  922.498931] mmc1: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

(Those are the only new lines that show up when putting a card in the offending slot. No lines are added when taking the card back out again.)

I've reflashed with the newest full-firmware download, no change at all. There's no obvious debris stuck in the card slot, it feels identical to the left-side one, and a "nes-cart-blow" sort of thing made no difference. The problem has persisted for a few months, but I'm now at a point where I can cope with being pandora-less for a little while if it needs to be RMA'd back for repair/replace. (And it's getting annoying, as I had been using slot #1 for Apps and #2 for Data.)

I'm in the UK and bought it from Craig's store - am I right in understanding that ED handles all the RMAs?

I'm in the UK and bought it from Craig's store - am I right in understanding that ED handles all the RMAs?

Nope, I only handle the ones I can fix, and this seems nothing I can fix, sadly.

The board has to go back to Texas, I'm afraid, so contact Craigs store.

Nope, I only handle the ones I can fix, and this seems nothing I can fix, sadly.

The board has to go back to Texas, I'm afraid, so contact Craigs store.

Thanks for the quick and clear response, I've emailed Craig's store.

just one thing you should test before shipping back is leaving the battery out for 30 minutes

I've now tried that, left it out for well over an hour, no change.

Got an email back from Debs today with relevant RMA information, so I'll get this posted off for repair/replace.

One last thing you could try:

Use an old SD Card, put some electronic contacts cleaner on the contacts and insert / remove it a few times.

I had a Pandora which had read errors and that solved it.

ALso you can try blowing some high pressure air into the slot.....like with a bike pump.

that helped me believe it or not.

Those last two suggestions require things I don't have available - and I've now got it nicely packaged up ready to go in the post tomorrow, so I'll just go with sending it back.

Those last two suggestions require things I don't have available - and I've now got it nicely packaged up ready to go in the post tomorrow, so I'll just go with sending it back.
Good luck my friend. :)

Back