Sdhc Card Storage / Portability / Protection

Middo

Website
www.fillsites.com.au
Hi All,

I know we have had discussions on Pandora Cases etc.

And lots on SDHC cards including nice printed stickers to keep then identified etc.

And that ALL great, but I was doing some searching on the options for safe storage on SDHC cards that are not actually in the Pandora etc. Especially if I (and/or others) decide to buy some small capacity cards but more of them.

So far I dont like the wallet storage options as I dont feel as if they protect the cards enough. So maybe a hard case is the go?

http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=0910

Or do I get a larger case to hold the Pandora + cables + charger + usb devices etc. etc. second battery

http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=i1030

What are peoples thoughts, suggestions and/or intentions please?

Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep my DS games in a small joypad-shaped mint tin, so I'll probably do the same with any spare SD Cards that aren't in my Pandora at any given time. :p

'PoisonedV' said:
Uh, protection? It's an sd card, not a glass sculpture
Sex isnt either

Felling the need to take care of ones things is only natural...

Raz said:
'PoisonedV' said:
Uh, protection? It's an sd card, not a glass sculpture
Sex isnt either

Felling the need to take care of ones things is only natural...
Saw that joke coming and nearly made it myself, also the need to arbitrarily take care of things isn't quite so natural as much as obsessive

I guess we all have ways to take care of things... Whether it's constantly obsessing over it (me!!) or just let it be...

Speaking of which I need to find the cap for my USB drive...

There is also the idea of being organised. Keeping all the pandora stuff together etc. These companies would not make memory card cases if there wasn't a market for them.

Plus I have little kids, so a sealed box is better than SD cards lying arround everwhere, of left loosely in pockets etc. (maybe going through the washing machine etc. by mistake)

Anyone have any 'alternative' suggestions for storage / organising then?

Here's an alternative way to store SD cards:
http://www.bash.org/?14581

might not be sfw, or practical, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I'm just going to keep all my SD cards in the Pandora. I've only got 2 of them right now anyway, and the 1GB is getting replaced when I buy anything bigger.

lulzfish said:

I'm just going to keep all my SD cards in the Pandora. I've only got 2 of them right now anyway, and the 1GB is getting replaced when I buy anything bigger.

bash.org "Submit your own quotes that really aren't clever to get internet famous!"

'PoisonedV' said:
bash.org "Submit your own quotes that really aren't clever to get internet famous!"

If that's the idea, something's gone wrong somewhere - the only author of a bash.org quote that is remotely well-known is bloodninja, and I don't think he submitted them himself :p

Anyway, for me those plastic cases the SD cards come in are adequate protection, for the rare cases when I carry cards outside of devices. Probably more than 99% of the time I just leave them in.

lulzfish said:

Homo.

I don't think I'll ever even have more than 2 cards anyway, since they're re-writable and they're getting up to 8GB. I can't see needing more cards than the Pandora can store at any point in the foreseeable future.

Managing that much data between the SD cards and a hard drive on a desktop would be a lot of trouble, anyway.

'lulzfish' said:
I don't think I'll ever even have more than 2 cards anyway, since they're re-writable and they're getting up to 8GB. I can't see needing more cards than the Pandora can store at any point in the foreseeable future.
Didn't Bill Gates say something similar about DOS and 640kb of Ram.

I think 64GB of storage should be enough for any Pandora. Once I've hit that limit, I'll probably just get the 'hardware upgrade' or 'Pandora 2' or whatever hypothetical successor it will have.

I've bought two sd card cases that can hold 8 cards each

I've got 2x2gb cards, 2x8gb and 12x 4gb cards, a total of 68gb a little excessive some might say, but its also to hold my entire collection of roms and isos that I've got since 1995 (currently around 40gb) and since my two hdd's only come to a combined 70gb i need to free up some space anyway!
Plus putting them on cards enables easy use on any future machine that can take SD cards (wii included) and i'm gonna get some labels done i made to put on them.
I also like some people dont download entire rom sets or every game on each system, i used sure but have since slowly deleted the crap games and only keeping the ones i want to play again, so i can only imagine the size of some peoples collection, no wonder they have made drives in the terrabytes!

Middo said:
Not in the way most people think.

Middo said:
'WizardStan' said:
'Middo' said:
Not in the way most people think.
Now you've just gone an got me intrigued..............
I do remember that he never actually said 640k was enough for any one, or what ever.

Back