Sdhc Card

Prometheus said:
I can't seem to find anything I'd consider affordable for 32GB cards yet, though (£60-ish on Play.com and £70-ish on 7DayShop is too much in my book :p).
Yup I'll be sticking with 16's for the time being. Have a feeling Santa might be landing one or two in my stocking. This Christmas is going to be pretty dull, toy-wise, if all I have to play with are 2 SDHC cards and no Pandora! :p

I don't imagine 32Gb cards will come down to a reasonable price until 64Gb cards are available.

Last edited by a moderator:
so how many people are for the 16 GB transcend? (before i go and sell my A-DATA on eBay that i'm getting tomorrow)

i've had an a-data 2gb microsd card for about a year and a half now
no problems to report
it's very hit and miss...
but i'm gonna get at least 1 32 card when my pandora arrives
hopefully the price will have come down...

magicman5421 said:
no problems to report
I have 3 a-data 4gb cards that I use in a HD camcorder. I have used them for a year and they work great. I am planning on getting 16gb a-data cards when the pandora comes...unless the 32gb cards come down a lot :p

PoisonedV said:
how about patriot? already got a 32 gig card (long story) but looking to pick up a 8 gig one form them
Every single one of my SD cards is either Patriot or Sandisk. I can't complain about either, and the price on the Patriots was great. I have about a dozen cards between 16MB and 4GB, and I've never had any failures.

keaft said:
so how many people are for the 16 GB transcend? (before i go and sell my A-DATA on eBay that i'm getting tomorrow)
I'm in the UK and haven't seen a better price on the transcend than 7dayshop. I'll wait until the pandoras start shipping before i buy though... but i can't see the 32gb ones dropping so much that they're the cost effective option.

If anyone can find a better make than transcend for around £20 class4-6. PNY, PATRIOT, SANDISK etc.. i'm all ears? :)

Ok so it just came in the mail and I said, "well this was short lived." Then my eyes shifted down to the bottom where i read the words LIFE TIME WARRANTY. I think i'll keep it. Again, way to go newegg.

A-Data
16GB class 6 SDHC

change my mind. (its still in the box)
I've now heard good things and bad things about both Trancend and A-data, but now the only factor would be which is cheaper in the long run. Does Trancend have a life-time warranty? Either way its now just a hassle issue not a cost issue.

I got two 16 gig cards from supermediastore.com, first one i paid $30 for and 2nd one $25, free shipping on both. Just had to wait for them to go on sale because they are usually a bit more.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-16GB-1...g/dp/B0017VRGXU

I got two of those, $73.96 after $8 shipping. I've had good results with Transcend and Sandisk. The transcend was $25 with free ship on amazon a few days ago. It's $30 at the moment. I have even have prime membership, but I trust Sandisk more. Newegg has the a-data 16 SDHC for $25.99 with free ship, but I've read bad things about that brand.

Before spending many £/$/€ for a second(!) 16-32 GByte SDHC-Card: why not buy a 1.8" or 2.5" USB Hard Drive instead?
The Pandora will have a fully 500mA powered USB Host Port and you'll get a 320GB 2.5" USB-powered external Hard Drive for the price of one 32GB SDHC-Card!?

The HDD will faster suck the battery dry but you can use it as a backup medium and copy everything to the SD-Card when needed, minimizing the time the HDD is connected. You can only play one song, one game or one movie at the same time...
For me a 4-8GB SD-Card will be enough (for everything), but I would buy a 8GB SD-Card plus a 2.5" USB Hard Drive if I would need more... Now in Winter time (here in the northern hemisphere) in big winter Jackets it's no problem to not feel the additional weight. ;)
Additionally the second SD-bay is then free for the "friends media" :p

Alternatively you can use more than 2 smaller and cheaper SD-Cards and switch them when needed. But wait, I think 16GB Cards have the best price/performance ratio for now.

Mjlink said:
I've got an A Data 16 gb class vi card.
Never had an issue.
Maybe I'm just lucky
magicman5421 said:
no problems to report
DixieDawg said:
I have 3 a-data 4gb cards that I use in a HD camcorder. I have used them for a year and they work great. I am planning on getting 16gb a-data cards when the pandora comes...unless the 32gb cards come down a lot :p
still leaning toward A-data especially with transcend going up. With both having warranty again its just a hassle factor. (waiting for your new one to ship.... 3 days later in the mail YIPPEEE) I'll just make sure to keep my stuff backed up like we all should anyway.
hede said:
Before spending many £/$/€ for a second(!) 16-32 GByte SDHC-Card: why not buy a 1.8" or 2.5" USB Hard Drive instead?

...hello this device has sd slots! lol prices are nice but i mean, come on its sd!

I have a USB powered external laptop drive I would probably use on the Pandora, but honestly, I think people will prefer to keep stuff on the SD, SD is internal to the unit and not hanging off the back, plus not a drain on the battery.

hede said:

I might be wrong but wasn't the argument against this that they're pretty prone to breakage?

Personally I'll start off with a 16 gig card. I still have a 16 gig memory stick that I got for my PSP with an USB reader, so that's 32 gigs there already. I won't want to rely on the memory stick too much though so I'll probably wind up getting another 16 gig card, for a total of 48 gigs of storage.

Not bad, I think.

Personally I'm just waiting until I get notification that my Pandora actually ships, with how quickly prices are dropping on all flash media. I figure by then a class-6 32GB SDHC card may not only be available, but not be a complete rip-off like the class-4 32GB cards currently are. :p

my 16gb A-Data took some abuse when I first got it. In & out of GP2X, card reader, it took me literally a few weeks to get the card stacked with everything I wanted emulator/rom wise.

No problems no complaints

Back