Sdl 1.3 With Opengl-Es

Pickle said:
Thanks, i hope it helps you.

It has helped, I can now get a simple program compiling and running.

One thing I noticed: In the .h files you've included in the GLES directory, a lot of the fixed point functions and definitions are missing. For example GL_FIXED isn't defined, nor is glColor4x. I was able to find them in a gl.h file from one of your earlier zip files. I swapped that gl.h file in, and was able to compile and use the fixed point function fine.

Thanks again for the work, it's got me fired up again to get coding on something.

Last edited by a moderator:
satacoy said:
Pickle said:
Thanks, i hope it helps you.

It has helped, I can now get a simple program compiling and running.

One thing I noticed: In the .h files you've included in the GLES directory, a lot of the fixed point functions and definitions are missing. For example GL_FIXED isn't defined, nor is glColor4x. I was able to find them in a gl.h file from one of your earlier zip files. I swapped that gl.h file in, and was able to compile and use the fixed point function fine.

Thanks again for the work, it's got me fired up again to get coding on something.

Ok let me know if anything else is missing and i will add it in (was the old gl.h from the glquake zip? maybe we should do a diff on the 2 to make sure nothing gets missed)

I also found out Im not using the latest SDL 1.3, and I also a have a patch from cpasjuste to fix the opegles shutdown problem. So I will update that once I have the chance.

Pickle said:
Ok let me know if anything else is missing and i will add it in (was the old gl.h from the glquake zip? maybe we should do a diff on the 2 to make sure nothing gets missed)

I also found out Im not using the latest SDL 1.3, and I also a have a patch from cpasjuste to fix the opegles shutdown problem. So I will update that once I have the chance.

I'll double check when I get home tonight, and find out which file it was.

I'm not using the SDL stuff, just the straight opengles, and was able to shutdown cleanly and restart several times without any side effects, so I was guessing the shutdown issue was related to SDL.

I'm also planning at poking around with the screen orientation stuff, only seeing a portion of the screen is pretty annoying. I'll post if I find anything useful.

satacoy said:
I'm not using the SDL stuff, just the straight opengles, and was able to shutdown cleanly and restart several times without any side effects, so I was guessing the shutdown issue was related to SDL.
It is, glquake worked properly and it doesnt use SDL

satacoy said:
I'm also planning at poking around with the screen orientation stuff, only seeing a portion of the screen is pretty annoying. I'll post if I find anything useful.
I wonder if this function has anything to do with it:
GLESOAL_GetDisplayDirection

Good news I fixed the 2 major bugs, SDL 1.3 now cleanly shutsdown and the found the isse with the black bar, it was in libwizGLES.
Also added a master script to trigger make/clean/install of the libs at once. I also enhanced the install parts of each lib.
So i will be updating the archive.

Enjoy!

Pickle said:
Good news I fixed the 2 major bugs, SDL 1.3 now cleanly shutsdown and the found the isse with the black bar, it was in libwizGLES.
Also added a master script to trigger make/clean/install of the libs at once. I also enhanced the install parts of each lib.

Enjoy!

I found that by modifying the rgbset.right and rgbset.bottom values to 320 and 240, the bar disappeared. Looks like you just beat me to it!

The gl.h version that seems more complete came from wizGLES/GL/gl.h in the http://pickle.gp2x.de/wiz3d.zip file. I've been able to swap it in with no changes, which gave me access to all the functions that seemed to be missing in your original archive.

satacoy said:
Pickle said:

Enjoy!

I found that by modifying the rgbset.right and rgbset.bottom values to 320 and 240, the bar disappeared. Looks like you just beat me to it!

The gl.h version that seems more complete came from wizGLES/GL/gl.h in the http://pickle.gp2x.de/wiz3d.zip file. I've been able to swap it in with no changes, which gave me access to all the functions that seemed to be missing in your original archive.

yeah the bar fix was kind obvious, should have found that a long time ago. Sure was nice playing glquake without that stupid bar.
I will look into the the gl.h's and update the archive.

i'm new here and just diving into wiz development...
i've downloaded pickle's wizGLES and lots of other stuff (thanks to all the dev-guys!:)) and just started to do some testing and researching.

now my question(s) for pickle - within the "OS_CreateWindow" function there's just a single malloc allocating some memory -
but there's no function actually freeing that memory? at least i have not found one ... so is this a memleak or is this automatically freed by one of the egl* functions?

stephan.

crow_riot said:
i've downloaded pickle's wizGLES and lots of other stuff (thanks to all the dev-guys! :) ) and just started to do some testing and researching.

now my question(s) for pickle - within the "OS_CreateWindow" function there's just a single malloc allocating some memory -
but there's no function actually freeing that memory? at least i have not found one ... so is this a memleak or is this automatically freed by one of the egl* functions?

stephan.

your probably right, its something thats been carried over from GPH example. If you want you can just ignore that function and do the malloc and free yourself.

Pickle said:
crow_riot said:
i've downloaded pickle's wizGLES and lots of other stuff (thanks to all the dev-guys! :) ) and just started to do some testing and researching.

stephan.

your probably right, its something thats been carried over from GPH example. If you want you can just ignore that function and do the malloc and free yourself.

ok thx, good to know. i'm not so much into the wiz internals yet... still researching :)

Back