GP32 SDL Setup Problems

esoteric_

Hey folks, I'm hoping somebody can help me here. I'm not getting any replies in the sourceforge gp32SDL forum or in #gp32dev... so..

I'm trying to set-up SDL using the instructions linked to on the SDL main page:

Setting Up SDL in a Windows Environment

Now I've gone through the instructions twice following them as closely as possible, but each time I have the same problem when I get to #29 "make".

When I run make for the first time in the test directory I get this message:

Makefile:58: Makedepend: No such file or directory
arm-elf-gcc -Iinclude-gp32 -I. -O2 -mtune=arm920 -DGFXST -Wuninitialized -Wno-im
port -Wchar-subscripts -Wformat -Wimplicit-int -Wimplicit-function-declaration -
Wmultichar -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wunused -Wuninitialized -Wsign-compare -msoft
-float -mthumb-interwork -M gpstart.c gpmain.c > Makedepend
gpstart.c:2:19: gpdef.h: No such file or directory
gpstart.c:3:22: gpstdlib.h: No such file or directory
gpstart.c:4:20: gpfont.h: No such file or directory
gpstart.c:5:25: gpfont_port.h: No such file or directory
gpstart.c:6:25: gpfontres.dat: No such file or directory
gpstart.c:8:26: initval_port.h: No such file or directory
gpmain.c:1:21: gpstdio.h: No such file or directory
gpmain.c:2:22: gpstdlib.h: No such file or directory
gpmain.c:3:23: gpgraphic.h: No such file or directory
gpmain.c:4:20: gpfont.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [Makedepend] Error 1

Ok, so the first problem is with makedepend it looks like. Then I get errors cause it can't find the include files. Am I missing something here? How do I get the include files into a 'path' or however I need to make them visible to the complier?

Thanks!

(If I run make a second time, it creates a blank MAKEDEPEND file and then spits out a TON more errors having to do with undeclared values and missing include files..)

Small update.. I reinstalled CYGWIN because I thought that maybe some environment variable got screwed up. I was right because it changed the error message:

Makefile:58: Makedepend: No such file or directory
arm-elf-gcc -Iinclude-gp32 -I. -O2 -mtune=arm920 -DGFXST -Wuninitialized -Wno-im
port -Wchar-subscripts -Wformat -Wimplicit-int -Wimplicit-function-declaration -
Wmultichar -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wunused -Wuninitialized -Wsign-compare -msoft
-float -mthumb-interwork -M gpstart.c gpmain.c > Makedepend
arm-elf-gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
arm-elf-gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1': No such file or directory
make: *** [Makedepend] Error 1

So it cannot find cc1. This is the original error message. The cc1 executable does exist, but I can't find any actual reference to it in the makefile. So is arm-elf-gcc trying to call it itself?

Any ideas?

well the 1st time you compile there is no makedepend file.
if your makefile told it, the compiler create it.
Else create ab empty file called Makedepend.

But your pb is not that. You forgot to add cc1.exe in your bin directory.
So grab it in the devkitadv kit.

For a faster and easier way to compile SDL stuff i advise you to download the new minigp32 ready to use package. check it on www.gp32news.com

there is all you need and i'm going to post a tuto, soon in english, on how to compile sdl stuff.

good luck :)

Great! Thank you Pekele. I did download the minigp package, but being new to gcc command prompt compiling, I found it a little hard to figure out where to start.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to the tut!

The minigp32's new tutorial is online.
check it on www.gp32news.com

Back