Second Review Case Will Be Shipped Dec 23Rd

jumpman said:
Well, we've all seen pics of the new "test" parts fresh from the factory. So I would say they shipped out within 24hrs of those pics being taken. There is no reason for the factory to hold them for an extended period, unless they are waiting to finish something else. All the pictures showed all the parts that had problems the first time, so I would guess all items are done and finished!
To be accurate: We saw shoulder buttons, the top half of the case and the lid. The shrinkage was with the base (if I recall correctly), and we did not see a pic of that. The LCD hinge modification and the shoulder button modification were not the main reasons for the delay, it was the lower part of the case having shrinkage (and some shaving needed to be done, on which part I don't believe they said). Notice that none of the pics had the base part in them.

Edit: @ Mali: No, the LCD ribbon slot was a minor inconvenience for assembly. The shrinkage was a far bigger problem (form being wrong is far worse than assembly being slower). I also suspect the slot is tighter because of the metallic covering on the ribbon, that was added after the fact, and it didn't occur to anyone how that might affect it's fitting into the slot.

* The LCD cable slot is TIGHT, it needs to be more open to makeassembly faster (although it does work in the current form but isfiddly to get though).

As for the base being corrected... I mentioned that was the main piece missing from the photos, you seemed to have conveniently ignored that part.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the blog:
The lower part has a tiny bit of shrinkage on the back edge, but we already knew about that and it has been fixed at the factory already (so basically, this is a non-issue)

The most serious issue was the narrow LCD ribbon slot.

WolfSpider said:
I guess we have to wait for 2 more weeks. :(
Don´t be upset man! ED Statet on the german forum, that the package can take up to
5 days... He has guessed an arrival around 28.12. till 5.01. and he comfirmed that the cases
where actualy send by the chinese factory.
So unless the shipment process dosen´t go like in castaway, we won´t have to wait
another two weeks until MWeston tries the new cases...
(If you meant 2 Weeks till the final pandoras arrive that would sure seem a little overconfident...)

nabz32x said:
WolfSpider said:
I guess we have to wait for 2 more weeks. :(
Don´t be upset man! ED Statet on the german forum, that the package can take up to
5 days... He has guessed an arrival around 28.12. till 5.01. and he comfirmed that the cases
So unless the shipment process dosen´t go like in castaway, we won´t have to wait
(If you meant 2 Weeks till the final pandoras arrive that would sure seem a little overconfident...)
I didn't know that, but didn't the cases take 3 days last time? I thought since they took over 3 days so far they really haven't been shipped.

If I remember correctly, it took about 5 days last time! Shipped out on wed-thurs, Michael got them on tuesday? I beleieve DHL was used. So 5 days sounds about right. Although when I get express packages from China using UPS or Fed Ex, I normally see them in 2 to 3 days!

Jumpman

WolfSpider said:
I didn't know that, but didn't the cases take 3 days last time? I thought since they took over 3 days so far they really haven't been shipped.
Don't forget holiday. Christmas and boxing day added 2 days to shipping time.

nabz32x said:
"So unless the shipment process dosen´t go like in castaway"

LOL! Keep Tom Hanks AWAY from the Pandora!!

WolfSpider said:
So we might see the cases tomorrow?

Yeah, with Christmas, and Canada's "Boxing Day", I would say thursday or friday is more realistic at this point, but you never know!

Jumpman

We have already requested more samples from the factory (enough to make up several of those 100), which are being sent at the weekend.

If we are 100% happy with them is still to be decided.

So has Michael received any of those sent on the 23rd? Or were they not shipped?

So it'll be next week before we get any mention of a green light?

(Just trying to get things clear for everybodys benefit :) )

jonlad1 said:
So has Michael received any of those sent on the 23rd? Or were they not shipped?

So it'll be next week before we get any mention of a green light?

(Just trying to get things clear for everybodys benefit :) )

It sounds to me like they were unsure as to specific detail whether or not the second sample cases were satisfactory so they requested more. So I don't think that they have been shipped yet. Just guessing though.

craigix said:
We have already requested more samples from the factory (enough to make up several of those 100), which are being sent at the weekend.

So, was the base part good? It wasn't in the photos. Is this new shipment because the base part wasn't good? (see my last post).

craigix said:

GossipStone.png

nabz32x said:
ED Statet on the german forum, that the package can take up to

^This.

Source:
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?p=107494#p107494

@BackAssward
Read the Dev Blog entry here:
http://www.open-pandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en&limitstart=6
No need to speculate ;)

That makes sense; I'd say Friday then, which is "at the weekend" If thats the case- more pictures during the weekend and light on Monday.

Are the 100 Cases for the most important homebrewdevs?, and do they come whit the package sendet on 24.dezembre?, or dos it take another week?, this comfuse me very much.. :unsure:

matzesu said:
Are the 100 Cases for the most important homebrewdevs?, and do they come whit the package sendet on 24.dezembre?, or dos it take another week?, this comfuse me very much.. :unsure:

Craig's post was a bit confusing on the amount of samples ordered. But as I understand it there were a few samples sent from China on the 23rd but they thought that ordering more would be a good idea. I would guess these are to be sent out to devs because it's important to have as much software and features working as possible before launch, especially if you want the Pandora reviewed.

Back