Second Review Case Will Be Shipped Dec 23Rd

craigix said:
We have already requested more samples from the factory (enough to make up several of those 100), which are being sent at the weekend.

If we are 100% happy with them is still to be decided.

I'm confused! :huh: So have the second run of test cases shipped yet? Was the 23rd another forum myth? Or did Michael receive them, and they look good, but you need to check more just to be sure? Craig, that message is very cryptic, and doesn't follow what has been alluded to the last couple of weeks! Ordering More from the factory was a given weeks ago, so am I missing something here? Maybe Ed can chime in, his post are normally cut & dry!

Jumpman

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:
craigix said:
We have already requested more samples from the factory (enough to make up several of those 100), which are being sent at the weekend.

If we are 100% happy with them is still to be decided.

I'm confused! :huh: So have the second run of test cases shipped yet? Was the 23rd another forum myth? Or did Michael receive them, and they look good, but you need to check more just to be sure? Craig, that message is very cryptic, and doesn't follow what has been alluded to the last couple of weeks! Ordering More from the factory was a given weeks ago, so am I missing something here? Maybe Ed can chime in, his post are normally cut & dry!

Jumpman

My take from this is that it's bad news and things aren't going as well/quick as we'd all like. I can't think of another good reason why Craigix would be vague even though pretty specific/direct questions are have been asked. Seems this is a recurring pattern over the last year.

jumpman said:
Maybe Ed can chime in, his post are normally cut & dry!
come on man, thats a bit harsh. who do you think ED is gonna get his information from? sounds like they're just being tentative and cautious to me.

Some people are very details specific in the things they do, and some are not. All someone has to do is read the post on these forums to see the ones that are, and the ones that aren't! This topic is "Second Review Case Will Be Shipped Dec 23Rd", so before it goes 9 pages long, someone should at least be kind enough to say "hey, that's not happening"!

Jumpman

ED asked Fatih yesterday about the latest revision and got the answer that the cases haddn't arrived, yet.
I think, Craig means that they just put an order on top of the same revision we are talking about right now.

RenegadeChic said:
jumpman said:
Maybe Ed can chime in, his post are normally cut & dry!
come on man, thats a bit harsh. who do you think ED is gonna get his information from? sounds like they're just being tentative and cautious to me.

I don't mean to be harsh at all, Craig is Craig! I don't mean any disrespect at all, and hopefully he won't take it that way. I have plenty of faith in him and his team(I've ordered my fair share of units), so I don't think anyone here is scamming or lying to members. But when Craig gives information, or make videos, there is very rarely any details, or what people want or expect(normally a comedic overtone). That's what makes Craig, Craig! :p When Ed, makes a post or makes a video, he is not trying to be funny or cryptic, he understands that most people, maybe not all, just want the information as it stands. So he gives great details, and I'm very rarely left to guess with his information. I don't belive that is out of line!

Jumpman

hey, i'm not gonna criticise anything from the past. i don't really keep that many tabs on posters. i just think its a little bit annoying that craig gets so much stick and ED gets so much comparative praise. they both do good work but its like too many people aren't willing to listen to what he has to say. he has to answer the more vague and difficult to answer questions whereas ED will usually post less frequently but on more definite things. maybe it would be easier if craig didnt baulk at all to the daily "are we there yet"s but if he didnt people would be even more frustrated. rock and a hard place.

sorry to have said so if you meant nothing by it but i hate the feeling that people think "oh well we've got nothing worthwhile out of craig, lets ask ED". there always got to be a reason if something isnt or hasnt been said, and the only reason this thread is 9 pages long is that we are just really really really bored and have little else to say and do through the holidays other than meaninglessly speculate! the cases were shipped from china on the 23rd and its the 29th now. thats 6 days including christmas, a sunday and a bank holiday to get there.

RenegadeChic, I think you overestimate the tone of jumpman's post a bit. That's the problem of written stuff, when you don't see the face behind it ;)

I don't mean to be harsh at all, Craig is Craig! I don't mean any disrespect at all, and hopefully he won't take it that way. I have plenty of faith in him and his team(I've ordered my fair share of units), so I don't think anyone here is scamming or lying to members. But when Craig gives information, or make videos, there is very rarely any details, or what people want or expect(normally a comedic overtone). That's what makes Craig, Craig! :p When Ed, makes a post or makes a video, he is not trying to be funny or cryptic, he understands that most people, maybe not all, just want the information as it stands. So he gives great details, and I'm very rarely left to guess with his information. I don't belive that is out of line!

Jumpman
Maybe it's a british thing? Like how I never understand british humor... like ever (except for monty python... I mean come on, who wouldn't think that stuff is funny?)

But sort of like a lost in translation thing.... craig speaks english, but not the same things make sence to me that makes sence to him probally. The reason we might understand ED so well is that english is not his first language he doesn't know weird british slang and their unique quirkiness.

The Brits on this board all proally thinking "you dumb ass americans" or whatever kinda catch phrases they are currently useing. If you're British and you still don't understand craig... then... well, it probally is just him. Not all of us have the ability of presenting our ideas as well as others.

tssh 'yah

I think Craig does a wicked job. He gets a lot of flack on here but although not everyone is happy with his responses and updates, he is here virtually 24 hours a day (he sleeps for 12 minutes a day in a regenerative vat of yeast) and is always responding to questions.

My sleeping is absolutely disastrous. I just got up. It's 5pm.

The first thing to greet me is that my electricity company are taking me to court. For a bill which isn't correct. A bill which I've phoned them about over and over again.

Now I'm drinking some breakfast tea and considering leaving the house.

I'd best check up on those cases first, we have been using photos and video via the factory to do the final tweaking, although the current cases, as you know, can be used, they are not perfect.

But once again I should point out that the cases are not causing any real delay, the boards are not accessible until after the new year.

It's interesting, if anything stress is winding down a little as putting the Pandora consoles in to the cases is all that is left to do. In February I might be able to sleep like any reasonable human being. I'm looking forward to seeing your reactions when the Pandoras start to arrive. I think you are going to like it. I think we will be on a bit of a high from that.

craigix said:
But once again I should point out that the cases are not causing any real delay, the boards are not accessible until after the new year.

Now this quote is news to me! First let me say thanks for Checking in, I know you are busy, and that billing problem can't be helping. Now this is the problem I think allot of members are having, you talk about the cases, and that's great, but now you drop that the boards are now the hold up? That leaves the door wide open to what's happening! So is the factory closed until the new year(that sounds right)? That would make sense, and explain why the boards aren't accessible, but many might think there is a manufaturing problem based on your writing. Now if the boards are available after the first, does that mean the MP cases will be arriving next week? That's how I see it based on what you just said. As far as I can tell based on the last month, the case has and was the "ONLY" delay, am I missing something here, or am I loosing my mind! :p So if the boards factory opens after the new year, and the boards haven't arrived at that time, then they become the "real delay" again right?

Jumpman

Here is a translation from the German forum:

icet wrote:

Actually I am a silent observer on this forum as I travel a lot. During the holidays I have some time and would like to make a remark.

I have had problems with craigix' vague statements for months. He should be able to explain the current status with a few clear words. Particularly as he knows that the community is waiting for his statements.
After all, ED is able to communicate unambiguously. Sadly ED doesn't seem to get all the infos or else he would surley forward them to us.

Sometimes I get the feeling craigix is playing games with the community.

As most people paid in advance like myself, I think it is only fair to get unambiguous and correct information on the current status.

I take it for granted that craigix wants to ship the Pandora asap, therefore I won't moan about the pace that things get implemented and I also do not want to push him. I just want to get informed about the current status withhin a reasonable time and get some background information.

Sorry, I had to say that.

ED wrote:

My knowledge about the current status is limited because I am shipping lots of Wiz handhelds when I am not at my regular work. Therefore the Pandora OS and CE tests were my priorities.

What I know so far: The test cases which have all the errors we complained about fixed, have been on their way since Dez 23 or 24. They will be enough to do the final test and give the green light. In one part of the case there is still a slight shrinking according to the Chinese company. It is already worked on and is due on Friday. This issue will not get in the way of giving the green light as it is a mere cosmetic procedure. If Micheal gives the green light on Friday, everything will be done so far.

The Chinese are giving their best not to tinker for too long with the case now as we have paid our bill already and any additional work will be their loss.

craigix said:
It's interesting, if anything stress is winding down a little as putting the Pandora consoles in to the cases is all that is left to do. In February I might be able to sleep like any reasonable human being. I'm looking forward to seeing your reactions when the Pandoras start to arrive. I think you are going to like it. I think we will be on a bit of a high from that.

The only thing that worries me is that when all these 4000 Pandoras have reached their final destination there will be a lot of people ready to buy Pandoras. The ones that have been holding their money waiting for this to happen, the ones reading all the reviews and the ones seeing Pandora owners bragging about their units are all going to want their own Pandora. Many of them will put their money elsewhere if they have to wait too long for the second batch.

MiniSinisterMinister said:
ED wrote:

My knowledge about the current status is limited because I am shipping lots of Wiz handhelds when I am not at my regular work. Therefore the Pandora OS and CE tests were my priorities.

What I know so far: The test cases which have all the errors we complained about fixed, have been on their way since Dez 23 or 24. They will enough to do the final test and give the green light. In one part of the case there still a slight shrinking according to the chinese company. It is already worked on and is due on friday. This is no issue for giving the green light as it is a mere cosmetic procedure. If Micheal gives the green light on friday. Everything will be done so far.

The Chinese are giving their best not to tinker for too long with the case now as we have paid our bill already and any additional work will be their loss.

Now this is what I mean. That is very clear and to the point statement! There is no guess work, after I read it I'm good until the next major post! I don't need to guess, read between the lines, or try and figure out what may or may not have just been said.

Jumpman

Awakening said:
The only thing that worries me is that when all these 4000 Pandoras have reached their final destination there will be a lot of people ready to buy Pandoras. The ones that have been holding their money waiting for this to happen, the ones reading all the reviews and the ones seeing Pandora owners bragging about their units are all going to want their own Pandora. Many of them will put their money elsewhere if they have to wait too long for the second batch.
That is true, but there is no way around that at the moment. I would like to see the Pandora in the hands of as many people as possible, so hopefully after the initial run is a success the team can settle on a business model that allows them to begin mass producing units without requiring advance payment from the customers.

We know we will lose sales because we won't be able to meet the instant supply some people want. But we will start taking orders for Batch2 as soon as batch1 is done and shipping.

We are working on making the wait as low as possible though.

craigix said:
Since When?
You've sayed that you don't need the cases before the 12. December. so it suggests that the boards are ready since the 12. December for putting all together. Now it sounds like the boards are delayed too. You really talk confusing stuff sometimes.

I wonder if it is really common and normal for a Factory to need over 4 Monts for some Case-Moulds.

Back