Second slot doesnt work.

ZarkGhost

Still Fresh
After be one of the 8 persons with the wifi chip problem, now the rma that i got have the second slot without work. I am very lucky seems. :p

I checked all the sd cards i have at home, and all are working in the first slot, but any one in the second.

When i put a card in the second, the led turn on for a very very sort time, compared to the first slot. dmesg dont register any event about the second slot...

I was looking but i didnt found anything that solve this... maybe i missed something, maybe, again... it is a hardware problem... (i really hope all these problems are paid by board company)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming the SD cards you're using work just fine on your PC or everywhere else?
of course, they work fine in my laptop, and in the slot 1 too.

the strange thing is that the led turn on, ok, just for a second, and less time that the first slot, but it turn on...

is it possible to make a full reflash?, cause seems that the normal one just reinstall some stuff... and it could help?

did you try to compile any driver from a more recent kernel? 2nd slot doesn't work from 2.6.34 iirc.

From my experience, inserting the card and pushing it very slowly (almost stopping for a couple of seconds) worked for me

leaving the battery out for a few minutes or a full reflash might help

the problem happen since the first time i turned on. I bought 2 cards, and the first was ok, but the second didnt recognize... then i swaped them, and the second again didnt work, but the first yes... so i guess it was not the problem of the card (later i tryed with others, and always the same)

i reflashed already, but didnt help, how i can reinstall everything?, just in case there were any problem in the kernel :S cause the led turn on for moment... so i want to think it is not a problem of hardware, again.

I just checked and it have the 2.6.27.46-omap1

Last edited by a moderator:
Back