Secure Digital Card Speed

invinciblegod

I just want to know that what is the recommended speed of SD cards for the gp2x? Please use both the actual speed (9mb/s type thing) and cd speed (50x type thing). Is it beneficial to get faster cards?

Mine has fairly unnoticable read delay at 80x (don't know actual speed). Write delay blocks the system for a bit, but I think it's just bad drivers.

The only emu that might make use of a faster card is the GP2PSX, since it streams the data from the CD image, but for everything else, just get a cheap card ... faster speeds aren't supported (yet?)

TelcoLou posted on Feb 14 2006 at 12:22 AM said:
The only emu that might make use of a faster card is the GP2PSX, since it streams the data from the CD image, but for everything else, just get a cheap card ... faster speeds aren't supported (yet?)

GnGeo also uses it for larger roms.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 think 150x is faster than almost all sd cards. unless of course im wrong, but i think common sd cards are about 50x.

i think a cheap sd card will serve you just fine. i lucked out in the shop...they were trying to sell even the cheap older pny 1gb's for $100 but they left the old price tag on, which was $60. i honestly wasn't going to buy it if it was more than $60...point being, go for a deal. long as it works it's fine.

Back