Sega Dreamcast 2 - Theoretically!

I so would like this to be true but then I stop and think, what was it about the DC that I really liked?

The controller was bobbins.

The hardware was just hardware, it worked and that was that (the unit looked better than a PS2)

I guess it was the software, but what's a new device going to offer that can't be found on other platforms.

Unless of course it was 100% compatible with all of Sega's back catalogue of hardware THEN I would be chomping at the bit for it.

Arcade perfect Model 2 & 3 on a big screen at home or Lindbergh titles drooool.

But as the OP said this is a fantasy thread. :-(

I so would like this to be true but then I stop and think, what was it about the DC that I really liked?

The controller was bobbins.

The hardware was just hardware, it worked and that was that (the unit looked better than a PS2)

I guess it was the software, but what's a new device going to offer that can't be found on other platforms.

Unless of course it was 100% compatible with all of Sega's back catalogue of hardware THEN I would be chomping at the bit for it.

Arcade perfect Model 2 & 3 on a big screen at home or Lindbergh titles drooool.

But as the OP said this is a fantasy thread. :-(
Yeah, the analogue stick wasn't great but was still miles better than the psx analogue sticks. The D-pad was fine for most games but not for streetfighter and the like- shoulder button, face buttons and vmu all great. the console looked cool yes- it was the software that made it. Also, a built in modem, online out of the box, internet surfing, chat and online play. Mostly it was the steady stream of sega arcade hits that did it for me. The DC2 guys have mentioned backwards compatibility, who knows.

I have not discounted these guys but I do not hold out any hope either- I'm not emotionally investing. I'm watching the facebook page that's all.

Back