SEGA Dreamcast 2

There is tons of speculation on the net and youtube about a dreamcast 2.It might not be a huge success but i can guarantee several million hardcore sega fans would buy it within 24 hours such is the fervour and passion surrounding this console.Me included i bought mine on the day of release.

I thought maybe a proper hanheld dreamcast 2 could have had a chance if it were innovative and had come out before the 3ds and ps vita.Certainly the hardcore would buy it in droves.Sega would never consider a small run of hardware with good core games a bit like the pandora only a larger production run.Surely there would be profit in it just not megabucks.Its definately a bloody strong ip though.

Any thoughts.?

Sega vowed never to enter the hardware business again after the demise of the Dreamcast .

I was in NYC on 9-9-99 and stood on line to purchase mine [with a free shirt].

I also own a Black Sports edition Dreamcast.

It would be a dream come true to see the Pandora able to include a Dreamcast emulator.

There was talk of this early on yes?

As far as another Sega console appearing, regretfully, I think not. They have had a terrible financial history with hardware[32x,Sega CD,..etc..].

I do own a black TREAMCAST although not made by Sega is portable and region free!!!!

Last edited:
Sega vowed never to enter the hardware business again after the demise of the Dreamcast .

It would be a dream come true to see the Pandora able to include a Dreamcast emulator.

Saturn/Yabause was an amazing breakthrough, though far from perfected IMHO.

As far as another Sega console appearing, regretfully, I think not. I do own a black TREAMCAST although not made by Sega is portable and region free!!!!
I messaged the guy who posted the first pandora dreamcast emu running via youtube earlier on today to ask him if he had any interest in continuing with it.I think in their hearts sega want to make another console but their heads are ruling their hearts now.If they become hugely profitable again in the future it could happen maybe.

As far as another Sega console appearing, regretfully, I think not. I do own a black TREAMCAST although not made by Sega is portable and region free!!!!
I messaged the guy who posted the first pandora dreamcast emu running via youtube earlier on today to ask him if he had any interest in continuing with it.I think in their hearts sega want to make another console but their heads are ruling their hearts now.If they become hugely profitable again in the future it could happen maybe.
What was the gentleman's reply?

I do not know the mind set of Sega but perhaps you are correct. My gut felling is that they would fall prey to the big 2 once again [sony and Nintendo].

As far as handhelds are concerned, Microsoft learned that lesson with the Zune player. I am not a huge fan of the ipad but it has done quite well with gaming. There has been speculation of Apple entering the console arena. :(

Again, I feel Sega would fall behind [handheld or tabletop console] unless they came out with something totally revolutionary , as I thought the Dreamcast was in it's time :)

Don't forget Retro gaming is a huge $$ now and Sega, Atari and others are capitalizing on this software so perhaps there is no need for a 'cash cow' risk at this time??

Damned the emulators!! :D :lol:

Last edited:

What was the gentleman's reply?

I do not know the mind set of Sega but perhaps you are correct. My gut felling is that they would fall prey to the big 2 once again [sony and Nintendo].

As far as handhelds are concerned, Microsoft learned that lesson with the Zune player. I am not a huge fan of the ipad but it has done quite well with gaming. There has been speculation of Apple entering the console arena. :(

Again, I feel Sega would fall behind [handheld or tabletop console] unless they came out with something totally revolutionary , as I thought the Dreamcast was in it's time :)

Don't forget Retro gaming is a huge $$ now and Sega, Atari and others are capitalizing on this software so perhaps there is no need for a 'cash cow' risk at this time??

Damned the emulators!! :D :lol:
Yeah time will tell.I guess. I wonder as far as retro games go that someone doesent release a top 100 amiga games collection.It would be cheap and a nice little earner.Just a thought that occured to me the other day. And well at least sega are still standing though their recent games dont have the magic of many of their saturn/dreamcast games.

As much as I love and cherish my Dreamcast. I hope Sega doesn't make another console. There was nothing wrong with the DC...just horrible marketing and bungled release times by Sega. I've always been shocked that they made it to the DC. They marketed the 32x, Saturn, and Dreamcast with what seemed like no plan at all, even the Sega CD was marketed badly. Honestly speaking Sega really hasn't made a decent game since the DC. As game companies go they're pretty subdued at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had some good Game Boy Advance games, though. Granted, Sega just did the publishing, not the development, but at least their IPs got some respect.

9/9/99

12/12/12

THIS OPPORTUNITY IS, LIKE, ONCE IN A LIFETIME.

Haha.

Seriously, I wish so badly they'd re-enter the console business, but it's never going to happen. I mean, for 11/11/11 I'd LOVE to be surprised by a new console, but it's not happening.

They had some good Game Boy Advance games, though. Granted, Sega just did the publishing, not the development, but at least their IPs got some respect.
The sonic RPG for NDS was awesome...of course Bioware actually made the game. I really haven't liked a straight Sonic game since Sonic CD...the best imho. ;)

@scooby doo. About the dreamcast emu guy He hasnt replied yet though he was active in the last six hrs.Maybe he didnt see the message yet.Will post his pesponse here if he responds.

There 3 great consoles snk neo geo mvs,Nintendo 64,Dreamcast.

I played all consoles after this they all were bad consoles with no quality games.

Xbox 360 and ps3 releasing pc games the most,wii missing out on f-zero and starfox plus mario kart on wii isn't good as mario kart 64 on n64.

Mega cd has some good games same with 32x,there's nothing wrong with them.

It will be good if dreamcast emulator comes to pandora because playing soul calibur or sonic adventure 2 is going to wicked.

I don't think dc2 will be released it's just a rumour,don't believe it at all there's no way dreamcast 2 would able to competition with wiiu.

Dreamcast 2 is quite interesting but would it ever happen,it's to early to say.

I knew something was wrong with sega games they weren't quality,he was doing that because he sega didn't want to release the gems on other consoles,dc2 will have exclusives games like sonic adventure 3,shenmue 3,i think sega was making money out of other consoles,them games weren't sega best efforts at all,the real sega games will begin on dc2 has exclusives.

There 3 great consoles snk neo geo mvs,Nintendo 64,Dreamcast.
In my opinion the N64 wasnt a great console at all. It came at a time 3D looked like crap on consoles because of the technical limitations. I dislike the graphics of most 3D games of that time. However for other consoles great 2D games was been released, not so much for N64. It was a pure 3D console, the few 2D games, like Starcraft 64, look like crap compared to any other console.

I would love to have a Neo Geo, it's truly a great system but it's very expensive.

the few 2D games, like Starcraft 64, look like crap compared to any other console.

I totally agree with you. When the era of the PSX and N64 were happening i kept telling my self this "3-D" is going to look like the 2d on the NES VS the SNES we should not be doing 3d yet we don't have the power. Did you play starcraft on 64 too? Holy crap that was terrible. So freaken slow impossible play control just a really frustrating experience. Imagine you live under a rock and get that game play and love it go to school and find out there is a working version for computer. how blown away would you be?

Back