SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works - Kickstarter

Interesting, I've got their Sensi book and it's a nice thing to have. But I'm still waiting for this book so I suspect there might be a lot of overlap between this and that - and to be honest the MD is not my favourite Sega console.

The MD is one of my favs, this is interesting, very tempted to get it

It was a good system although technically the SNES out-performed it in almost every respect. I still own both and i'm drowning in cartridges, dont think i'll be getting the book though.

I had my Megadrive before my SNES. Got my SNES on US import, the blocky version with purple buttons, and was loving it for months before was launched over here :)

I remember the end boss on Mario World with the zooming/spinning effects being something new and pretty impressive ... was that really something new when that came out or was it just something I'd not noticed before when I was a young lad?

Just remember thinking it was amazing graphics and effects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILTgA3XTI4

But I had so many wonderful years with my Megadrive, so many great classics owned on it. That was when shopping for games was a fun thing for me too, back then we had a local independent games shop which was a nice little hang out for us school kids and chance to see new games, also another little shop which used to get all the imports in, where I got my UK/JAP adapter and Jap games like Strider, Valis 3, Magical Hat Flying Turbo Adventure... gone are the days. Happy memories though

BTW I see in shops other week the new Retro Gamer bookazine, which is another of those 2-in-1 styles [read from both ends], with the 16-bit classics.

SNES and Megadrive.

Articles are from previous Retro Gamer mags but still a nice little bookazine to have.

snesmdbook.gif

I want to see a bookzine like that, with Atari ST one way, and Amiga the other.

*wipes spittle from mouth*

jeff

jeff
Yes, I would support that especially for the Atari ST. I always liked the business + game approach of the Atari ST.

Monochrome high resolution monitor for serious DTP / word processing stuff, Cubase etc, but still being able to play the most popular games if you connected the ST to a TV or colour monitor.

It would make a very nice story. Would love to read some interviews with key players in that period and explain the decisions they made and what they were expecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Megadrive/SNES one is about half the thickness of that render though... Picked it up today. Still pretty decent from the quick scan I've given it so far

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-mega-drive-genesis-collected-works

Looks interesting.

Yet again another kickstarter run by a company with previous successful commercial projects.

Having said that though if ED did P2 via Kickstarter I'd back it.
erm no their previous work was funded by kickstarter.
What I meant is that they had sold a product, surely some profit must have been made from that to fund this.

jeff
Their ZX Spectrum / Commodore 64 one is very good if you were into home computers in the 80's in the UK.

I would definitely buy and Amiga / ST book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back