Sega model 3 arcade emulator.Possible on the Pandora?

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
I was just wondering that if in theory the pandora could run a sega model 3 arcade emulator.

Here is a model 3 emulator link.http://www.trzy.org/Supermodel/

According to wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_arcade_system_boards the model 3 arcade board was less powerful than the naomi board which the dreamcast was based on.Would this be more plausible to run on the pandora than an actual dreamcast emulator.Daytona 2 and daytona 2 power edition ran on it.They were not released on consoles and look like sweet games.

Would be very nice to play these games....i look at videos on emu page... :rolleyes:

Depends on whether or not an open source, ARM-compatible emulator is worthy. For instance, the game.com could probably be emulated, but outside of MESS (which is slow on the Pandora), no emulator exists!

Depends on whether or not an open source, ARM-compatible emulator is worthy. For instance, the game.com could probably be emulated, but outside of MESS (which is slow on the Pandora), no emulator exists!
The game.com looks terrible.Saw vids on youtube.Rubbish lcd sreen graphics.

But it proves my point, does it not? I'd eat my hat if the Pandora wasn't powerful enough to emulate it if a proper emulator existed.

But it proves my point, does it not? I'd eat my hat if the Pandora wasn't powerful enough to emulate it if a proper emulator existed.
Yeah it would be a bad day if the pandora couldnt run a game.com emulator.How was that crud ever released?

the model3 is a quite powerful hardware i don't think the pandora could ever run it smoothly, seeing how it's already struggling with n64 ..

you'll have to wait for the pandora2 i'm afraid ;)

(but thanks for the link, i didn't know the supermodel project had made such progresses! :])

the model3 is a quite powerful hardware i don't think the pandora could ever run it smoothly, seeing how it's already struggling with n64 ..

you'll have to wait for the pandora2 i'm afraid ;)

(but thanks for the link, i didn't know the supermodel project had made such progresses! :])
Yeah the supermodel project looks cool.They sy they are focusing on accuracy first.Makes sense.Get it right then add the other stuff. I wonder why the pandora struggles with the n64. I guess the playstation 1 was as powerful as the n64. But did the n64 have 2 processsors or something weird? Ps1 games usually looked better from a graphics point of view than the n64. Pandora 2 or dreamcast 2.

nah n64 was WAY more powerful than the ps1 !

but it lacked RAM to show enough textures, hence the blurry and foggy aspects of many games, but remember ps1 had no texture filtering, could show less polygons, had a terrible precision issues (visible polygon distorsion when near the camera) , the n64's main CPU was 3 times faster than the ps1, plus it had a coprocessor wich was twice more powerful than the ps1 already :D

nah n64 was WAY more powerful than the ps1 !

but it lacked RAM to show enough textures, hence the blurry and foggy aspects of many games, but remember ps1 had no texture filtering, could show less polygons, had a terrible precision issues (visible polygon distorsion when near the camera) , the n64's main CPU was 3 times faster than the ps1, plus it had a coprocessor wich was twice more powerful than the ps1 already :D
Oh interesting.I googled about it too and it seems it is indeed tricky to emulate well.

It looks like we'd have to emulate a 66 mhz PowerPC at minimum, not counting the video hardware. Seems like that could be a fairly tall order. But i'd love to play me some Model 3 games...

It looks like we'd have to emulate a 66 mhz PowerPC at minimum, not counting the video hardware. Seems like that could be a fairly tall order. But i'd love to play me some Model 3 games...

well the 66mhz only ran boat race GP, get bass, and virtua fighter 3 ...

then you got the 1.5 step version, 100mhz, running le mans 24, and scud race, more interesting,

but daytona USA 2 used the 166mhz version ...

so basically a 166mhz RISC CPU to emulate, even tho the hardest is indeed the video chip from Lockheed Martin, 2 of those are installed on each model 3 boards....

Back