Sega Saturn Mod Chip

The switch I have put in mine is a small black slide switch located on the right side near the front and parallel and below with the case seam. It is accessable but doesn't stick out enough to be ugly or get in the way, and looks professional. I wouldn't use those bat handle toggles that I have seen they are ugly to look at and can be accidentally bumped/broken easily.

all this talk about import Saturn stuff has given me the itch to buy more import games.

I just bought GunGriffon:The Eurasion Conflict for $3 off ebay. YAY!

I think Metal Slug requires the 1MB extra RAM cart. Did you mod your cart or was it already a V2? Because version 1 has issues with some games.

my memory/conversion cart has 2 options, a switch is on it to change to 2mb, for the games that require at most 2mb and 4mb for those that require 4mb.

If you get a chip or whatever to play imports, that is just for the cd, or will the chip also allow the saturn to read the import 4mb ram carts?

Chips only work to play backups, they have to be used along side either a switch, or a conversion cart to play back ups. Plus they are a bitch to get working.

How much do Saturns go for with switches usually? I put it on ebay once and the bastards closed the auction because of the switch even though it doesn't play bootlegs. I may try it again without mentioning the switch but I wouldn't get the extra amount for having that. It is in great shape too as it was never misused.

The cart mentioned is a Saturn Action Replay 4-in-1, which lets you play imports, backup RAM saves, enter cheat codes, and run 1meg or 4meg expansion games.

You can grab one from Lik Sang, Play Asia or Jandaman (Jandaman's the cheapest by a buck).

Also, I know a guy in the US who sells modded Saturns for US$50 (+ shipping) and can put an import switch in for an extra US$15. PM me for his e-mail address (note: I have never actually ordered anything from him, so I don't know how reliable he is... but he has a good rep on the TNL forum). Last time I spoke with him he had a couple left.

Back