Sega Saturn

god_at_hell posted on May 20 2006 at 12:51 PM said:
Twimfy posted on May 19 2006 at 07:01 PM said:
Yeah it is, I just use the disc swap method. Sadly this means I'm always in 50hz.

With a modboard your always at 50hz too. The modboard doesn't replace the 60hz-mod ... like i stated before, to do this you have to shortcut a jumper or you have to cut a line and add 5V to one pin of the VDU1 it's different in the saturn-versions (early models ... easy 60hz-mod).

To the problem with Model1 Saturns and the modboard:
There was a modboard for the 20pin rubber-cable version (most Model1), but now you'll only get 21pin versions. There is a methode to mod the modboard to get it to run with 20pin Saturns ... look here

NOTE: There is another problem too. The CD-Drive has some revisions .. there're versions with a 32pin and other with 64pin cd-controller-chips. The 64pin chip sometimes causes problems with modboards ... although there's a bord which does quite well with this chip. Other Saturns have a flipped rubber-cable-connecten, so you have to plug the modboard into the mainboard with the connector looking away from the cd-drive ... this causes some problems with the lenght of the cable ... but it works ... it worked for me :).

The swap-trick is somewhat evil, 'cause it slowly destroys the cd-drive.

That looks way to complicated for me.

Besides, 6 years of swapping and my Saturn is still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back