self charging pandora?

Fworg64

Who knows?
When i plug my pandora into itself, via usb, the recharging light comes on. :p

But this makes me wonder what happens on a software level?

Could you somehow trick the pandora into become its own slave/master?

All i can imagine this doing is crashing the pandora...

Speculation?

laptop-charger-cable.jpg

Hail, fellow North Dakotan.

I haven't a clue about your question, other than that some energy will no doubt be lost in the transfer (it's probably negligible though). Incidentally, the same phenomenon occurs when plugging in the standard USB to the mini USB port while in low power mode.

On a thread-hijacky random side note, this psp accessory should work fabulously for dual charge/transfer from USB. I just bought one used at Gamestop and have yet to try it out, but in theory it should charge faster than simply through mini-USB.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the curious, you can plug your Pandora into itself and put the SD into mass storage mode. Then you can access the SD through the USB like a real external hard drive! :p

Yo dawg, I heard you like charging mobile devices. So I put a plug in your plug so you can charge while you charge.

I think it's possible but it's worthless. It's basically taking power out of the battery and putting it back in.

Of course one could charge one Pandora from the other. Whomever lasts longer wins!

Actually, I'm just posting because I'm also from North Dakota. While being ranked 48th in population in the US, us North Dakotans represent well on these boards.

well yes i realize the pandora cannot recharge itsself and by plugging it into itsself you're only wasting power,

but thats cool with the whole external HDD.

offtopic: that is odd how well the peace garden state is represented.

lol I almost feel like the OP is an internet-winning post. It's troll physics! :D

I'm mobile now so I can't produce it, but it'd go something like this:

frame 1: "Pandora dead and no outlet? :sadface: Make Pandora charge itself!"

frame 2: "Step 1: steal acquire a usb to power jack cable"

frame 3: "Step 2: plug ends into correct places. infinite power!!!"

frame 4: "Step 3: profit! (u mad power companies?) :trollface:"

I work in the Solar Electric Industry, and it seems about once a trade fair someone will have made the breakthrough for free energy 100W into black box 105W out of black box.

No matter how you try to explain to them this can't be, they insist on it. So over the years I have learned some of their buzz words.

Make sure you drop Nicola Tesla, This is key no crack pot will take you serious with out that.

Put the following words together in any order you want and change the last few letters as you see fit.

Magnetic

Flux

Charge carrier

Dismiss any known law of physics that contradicts your idea and bring up bad examples.

So if we were going to propose that a Pandora could charge its self:

Of coarse it can charge its self if you connect it correctly! Haven't you heard of Nicola Tesla, some of his journals talk about getting more power out the putting in but the oil industry doesn't want you to know about them. Yeah he is using the property's of Magneto fluxing with large coils and magnets to excite charge carriers into an energy band gap that provides 1.5eV of energy over the input per charge carrier. Yes the laws of thermal dynamics say such a thing is not possible but they also said the world was flat once, physics is wrong!!!

And there you go, your instant diatribe for free energy! :p

If i had to take a guess you might be damaging the battery by plugging it into its self. It depends how the circuit is laid out but it might be very low resistance and you would be nearly shorting it out. It's not really a good thing to short one of these guys out it can do some damage to the batteries capacity. :unsure: So i wouldn't do it much.

Confirmed! Pandora is now the world's first perpetual motion machine! Free energy for everyone!

So I tried this out.. had some interesting results..

nuke-blast.jpg

Have we told CERN about this? A portable particle accelerator. Let us know when you find the Higgs Boson.

WizardStan, when your dog starts to whine can you PM Fworg64as its time to pull that plug.

try this:

stand on the middle of a rope,

catch each extremity of the rope in one hand and try to lift yourself by pulling the rope. maybe we can fly/levite :p

There is a point to all this though, because due to this comment -

For the curious, you can plug your Pandora into itself and put the SD into mass storage mode. Then you can access the SD through the USB like a real external hard drive! :p

I am now able to confirm with 100% certainty that my pandoras USB port is broken (the OTG works fine - but I can't get anything to work with the other)

Until now there was still a slight question in my mind that there might be an incompatibility with all the devices I've tried (though this was admittedly a very small chance as I've tried over 10).

I never thought of this!

Power is getting through though as the light comes on.

Perhaps this information should be added to the wiki as a way of testing USB?

Thanks!

Just to be sure Edglex, you have been using a definite USB 2.0 Hi Speed hub to test these peripherals?

Just as I was simply sipping Stanley Meyers fountain of youth from Teslas Niagra experiments, something fouls it up. Its better with Reindeers and less shielding apparently.

Just to be sure Edglex, you have been using a definite USB 2.0 Hi Speed hub to test these peripherals?

I'm not 100% sure, but 99% sure about the hub I used.

Plugging the pandora into itself should be a definite test though - and it doesn't work for me. I do this:

Plug pandora into itself - charging light comes on

In XFCE, start SD mass storage mode

No USB drive appears. Also, "sudo lsusb" reports nothing extra, "sudo dmesg" doesn't show anything about a USB drive, and "sudo fdisk -l" doesn't show any extra drives.

Thanks though.

Just as I was simply sipping Stanley Meyers fountain of youth from Teslas Niagra experiments, something fouls it up. Its better with Reindeers and less shielding apparently.

Ummmm.... yes?

Back