Selling A Preorder Slot On Ebay

kuru said:
socket said:
Sounds to me like they were joking.
It sounds to me like bad excuses for greediness.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230462529963

Huh, no "excuse"... Maybe I was reading sarcasm into the quote. I tend to not take things seriously that start with "oh noes"..

Last edited by a moderator:
ah my op friends. how i would love to see some of you becoming regulators at future and derivative trading stock exchanges. with the ethics displayed here, there would be no more bubbles and financial crises.

Ow, ow... You can also buy my slot too. It'll only cost you €10.000 euro! I'll take half and half goes to OpenPandora. That's pretty fair, isn't it? :)

I'm with the first 500 to 600. So be quick! :lol:

It'll certainly be interesting to see how much it goes for. After all he's not just selling a 'Pandora', he's selling a 'Pandora delivered ASAP' which arguably is more valuable.

My view on this is it's supply and demand - if the market will bear a higher cost than was originally paid there is nothing unethical about it. Buying low and selling high is the principle that any distribution business is based on. The only question to me is about the eBay rules relating to selling things that can't be delivered yet.

Seems like he ordered on the 3rd October, so he's not SUPER low on the list. How much would you pay for one of the top 100? Or one of the first 805 hand-fixed by MWeston?

hch said:
ah my op friends. how i would love to see some of you becoming regulators at future and derivative trading stock exchanges. with the ethics displayed here, there would be no more bubbles and financial crises.
That would be a disaster! How can I ride the waves if there aren't silly investors with big ideas making them?

i think its fair to sell a slot on the pre-order list. its negligibly different than putting the pink dev unit on ebay.

mali said:
^ The message would be different if the seller had removed it.
Removed due external linkage, up again: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230462864321

Wouldn't it be quicker and simpler to just cancel and get a refund?

I can understand it, at least it's what I would do if I were to cancel atm. Reason being when I bought my pandora in USD the USD - AUD Exchange rate was about $.6 - $1 were as now it's more like $.95 - $1 which means if I were to cancel atm I would lose money. But I don't know if this guy had the same problem with exchange rate since he bought from EDs store and probably in his native currency. So I guess what I am saying is, I like stories. :D

Back