Sensi Soccer

Gnorman

Still Fresh
Hi all, is there a version of Sensi Soccer that will work with Castaway? Being able to play Sensi on my Gamepark would just about make my life complete :D

Regards, Gnorman

yaustar posted on Apr 27 2005 at 09:44 PM said:
try the master system version... not for castaway I know but still playable :D

with oc gp32 and no sound snes is an option :)

Last edited by a moderator:
snes version is kinda not good. (controlwise)
too bad we can't play the megadrive version, it's one of the best. i've been trying it with every megadrive emu since i got my gp. (gigadrive, fgen, drmd 1 and 2)

Noooo!!!

Sensible Soccer on the Genesis was one of the reasons I bought a GP32! I'm devastated!
Silly me assumed that it would work...

What's the Atari ST version like?

Bronze posted on Apr 28 2005 at 05:28 PM said:
Noooo!!!

Sensible Soccer on the Genesis was one of the reasons I bought a GP32! I'm devastated!
Silly me assumed that it would work...

What's the Atari ST version like?
st version is good but not work on gp32

Thanks for the replies, looks like I will have to suffer. The fact neither the Genesis or ST version work makes me think it's a conspiracy. ;)

Bronze posted on Apr 28 2005 at 10:08 PM said:
That's a total crime!
What am I going to do?! :(

Is there not a chance of it being supported on either format in the future?

I`m no programmer, But from what i gather, It has something to do with the way sensible software programmed a lot of their games.

Disclaimer: I could be completely wrong though.

Trooper

Gosh the first thing I gonna make when I learn to compile for GP32 is a damn sensi remake! But if I did then the forums would be 80% less active. :S

my god you dont come on on the internet for a week or so then you see a sensible soccer thread!

my view on this is the snes version is ok, but annoying as its a weak ass port.

i long for playing sensible soccer 1.0 being able to score from corners and see that nice load up screen, (the one with the two players going for't ball)

yes trooper (the legend that he is) Is right once more! damn sensible software and their ability to code in bastard langauge to piss off the gp32 users in their quest to play the bueatiful game...... oh yes im bitter

The ultimate dream would be swos on the go, for me that would be perfection in emulation.

It has something to do with the way sensible software programmed a lot of their games.
yes that's true. both megalomania and cannon fodder had issues with previous megadrive emulators but now they seem to run fine with drmd. but sensible soccer still resists.

sensible GP32 posted on Apr 29 2005 at 12:57 PM said:
trooper posted on Apr 29 2005 at 01:56 AM said:
yes trooper (the legend that he is)

Me, Nah. :blink:

Trooper

balls your a valued member here!

if you left, this scene wouldn't be the same.
Agreed, Trooper's one of the best posters we have.

Allow me to be the fly in the ointment.

Sensi was good for about a week.

Kick Off 2 was and still is the best football/soccer game ever made.

Sensi is for people who have to play games using those probosis sticks on there heads

ooooo

dont start this look!

kick off for me, (i masted it too so none of those naw you were just shit comments)
just wasnt as playable as sensible soccer, the control system was horibble and making a good tackle was insane,

sensible soccer was the nuts.

They were both fine! They improved on each other before kick off went completely off!

But the whole top down thing. Been playing Fifa on the PSP, and the players are small, as to be practically skick off sensi characters (on the default and only playable camera angle). Now, the thing about psp fifa is that they try so hard to do everything, but make it so complicated. Whereas the best kick offs (ie. 2), and the original sensi were just simple. The skill was in the mastering. And if you think about pro evo (whicj I love), this is simple too! sure, there are a few special moves, but the element is akin to football-just kicking a ball!

But the PSP Fifa groans from match to match, laden with features we don't need, dire commentary. Why didn't they just do a kick off clone? Or even ISS from the psx?

Still enjoying FIFa tho'. 7/10

Just a few thoughts

Back