Sensible Soccer

i was on gigadrive loaded it up.............sucess!!! It doesn't owrk on either fgen but yet it works on gigadrive. I urgently chose my teams (dreaming of fullspeed playing) went to play match and pressed a................it crashed!!!!

Oh well i can still dream

Well as someone already said here Sensi on the Amiga is absolutely awesome, and the one on the PC as well!!
Unfortunately we cant seem to get an Amiga emulator on the GP32 which is such a shame cos SENSI WORLD OF SOCCER is a game that would be totally unreal on a handheld! Playing from the fourth division upto the Premiership, improving your team through challenging hard work, winning the Champions League and being offered the England job! I spent many many days and nights engrosed in that game!

Unfortunately Codemasters wont release the source code for that game so we may never see it on GP32 but I still dream!!

Being familiar with the Amiga version myself, it seems to me that there is a main lack in all the console versions of this game. There is no "player-manager"-mode... That's what made this game special in my opinion... But please correct me if I'm wrong on.

Now I'm not a big football fan, and I'm not actually in to manager games... but for some reason, I liked that game.

One of my friends bought this game for PC a few years back (around 5£), and it's the ONLY game he ever playes... Granted he's not actually a gamer, but still...

No it wernt released on the ST unfortunately, sensible world of soccer series was only released on the Amiga and the PC. And cant emulate the Amiga for an Amiga version and cant get the source code for the game for the PC version. Bugger!!!
Just wondering is theyre at all any improvement on the Amiga emulator subject, or is the GP32 never ever gonna see one?

The ST has Sensible Soccer but not Sensible World of Soccer.

The ST version is as good as the Amiga's but sadly it doesn't work with Castaway either, for some reason none of Sensible Software's games do... The console versions weren't made by Sensible Software and just aren't as good.

claus posted on May 15 2004 at 09:07 AM said:
The sms version was made by sensible software :)
I think you will find that even though it carries the Sensible Software name, it was programmed by Sony Imagesoft in-house.

i'd love to see the ST version work under CaSTaway.

matt

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm playing the sms version so which other version also works ?

genesis/megadrive - seems to crash ? / doesnt load

amiga - no chance

is there an st version ?

Magic Knight posted on May 16 2004 at 09:10 PM said:

amiga - no chance

is there an st version ?
st version doesn't work on castaway.

SNES version works but I prefer sms.

read the message above yours, bones. then read the message three above that. ;)

thebluenewt posted on May 17 2004 at 12:01 AM said:
Magic Knight posted on May 16 2004 at 09:10 PM said:

amiga - no chance

is there an st version ?
st version doesn't work on castaway.

SNES version works but I prefer sms.
urgh- I hate the SMS version. It just seems all wrong. The SNES version is the best GP32-available one imo.

Back