Server cutoffs when downloading

mmKALLL

So, I've multiple times downloaded various software from the repository and wiki. They sometimes cut my downloads off though, like, downloading 30% of the file and then saying download complete or downloading a part and then just freezing there without downloading more.

I recently moved and my computer isn't quite compatible with the new router, but I experienced similar problems at my previous place, where I seldom had any internet connection issues at all otherwise. I've only used a Vista+IE8 combination while trying this. Perhaps another browser might fix it? I know I'm in a very small minority using IE here, probably, but it would still be better not to have any problems at all, right? ^_^ It's not that big of a problem and usually is solved with a refresh and retry, but I could imagine eventually finding it annoying to have some of my programs not working due to missing a part even when the computer states the download had finished completely.

This also happens when I download stuff from the repo over a webbrowser. It happens with Midori and Firefox so I guess it is not the browser that causes trouble. Re-Download works usualy but going over PNDstore is the better way imho, never had trouble there yet.

open a terminal, and type

Code:
sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off

and see if that helps at all. It turns off the power saving feature which means significantly more power usage, but it works harder to keep packet loss down which could be your problem.

Guys, I'm pretty sure that mmKALLL is having issues on a computer running Microsoft Windows Vista - I'm not sure that altering things on the Pandora is going to help much... :p

Trying another browser on the desktop is definitely the first thing to do, here, short of seeing if the same occurs on the Pandora itself. Firefox, Chrome, and Opera are all worth checking in with.

Especially when taking note that I do not actually own a Pandora. At least yet. ;)

I guess I'll look to downloading things with Chrome or Firefox next time new software gets released, then.

Whilst I can see why you want to fix this ahead of time, there's probably not a great deal of point in preparing an SD Card in advance - some things get updated enough that you might end up having to redo it all once your Pandora arrives, anyway. :lol: (I know that that's what happened to me, at any rate!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I'm pretty sure that mmKALLL is having issues on a computer running Microsoft Windows Vista - I'm not sure that altering things on the Pandora is going to help much... :p
Oh, well then, I'll just take my advice and go elsewhere why don't I? :p

^^

It's not the first time ppl reported broken downloads. One guy fixed it that way :

Back