Service Games – The Rise and Fall of Sega

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
A guest post by Levi on PandoraLive, reviewing the book about Sega funded by a Kickstarter effort in the first place.

--> Continue Reading

promoservicegames.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff.

I thought for a moment you'd received that other Sega book that went on KS, the one I'm still waiting for.

Looks a nice book to have this one too

Yeah, I'm looking forward to a review of the ROM Megadrive book, assuming that's the one you mean.  I specifically didn't go for that KS as I'd already gone for this one, but hopefully - as I noted in the review - since the Sensi book is written in a rather different style to this book their Megadrive book should complement this book too rather than compete with it.

Yeah that's the one, they sent an email update yesterday as it happens, stating it will now be a larger sized book - more coffee table friendly sized. Along with a little interview links and comments that content is pretty much complete now. I think that one should be off to print soon which is good to hear.

Agree they will be nice to compliment one another, I'd like to get them both on my shelf

... Just as a by the by thought, reading that reminded me just how much I wanted the Mega-CD back in the day.

Was probably my most lusted console :)

I had the MegaDrive and absolutely loved it, then when seeing full-page adverts for the Mega-CD I was sold, can't recall what that shmup was that featured in those adverts but it worked for me, I'll have to check in an old Mean Machines mag for the ad again.

Never did get one though, was just that bit too expensive for me to be treated with and was at a time when I was young and not earning any money myself.

It remains my 'most lusted'

Oof, last day of the reprint campaign (well 22 hours to go as I type) and it's just $116 short of the target of $6000. Looks like the stretch goals were wishful thinking, and with their daily average being $98 it looks like they're going to have to have a good day to make it.

Edit: Funding successful, $500 or so over target. Evidently a lot of people (well, 12 of them or so) leaving it till the last minute!

Not sure if posted before.

Ebook version of "Service Games" is available in Video Game Bundle along with other interesting stuff.

Back