Set up DosBox to use Shoulder Buttons as L/R Mouse click

FaeMinx

Rainbow Liberation Instigation
So I finally managed to set up my shoulder buttons as L/R mouse click in xfce. (with a lot of help from B-ZaR)

I thought this would solve my issues with dos games requiring a mouse, but no.

Right nub is still used for mouse clicks in dosbox.... why?

What can I do? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that in spite of following all the requirements - using my shoulder buttons as mouse clicks still times out.

But even so, trying to play lemmings is impossible: left click displaces the mouse pointer...? weather it's the nub or the shoulder button. What's up with that? I'm suspecting that two values are being called - so how do I edit that?

Also - why can't I make the shoulder buttons default for mouse clicks... where is the information stored that it constantly reverts back to using the nubs?

So I finally managed to set up my shoulder buttons as L/R mouse click in xfce. (with a lot of help from B-ZaR)

I thought this would solve my issues with dos games requiring a mouse, but no.

Right nub is still used for mouse clicks in dosbox.... why?

What can I do? :(

Load up Dosbox using your preferred method, if its not already full-screened then full-screen it with ALT-Enter. Then hold CTRL, and Fn and press F1. (on the 1 key) That will load the dos box key mapper. (which will be in a window) From there you can use the stylus to select left click and right click, delete the existing key bindings and add your own. Once done, hold shift and drag the window up until the save button appears and click it with the stylus.

Load up Dosbox using your preferred method, if its not already full-screened then full-screen it with ALT-Enter. Then hold CTRL, and Fn and press F1. (on the 1 key) That will load the dos box key mapper. (which will be in a window) From there you can use the stylus to select left click and right click, delete the existing key bindings and add your own. Once done, hold shift and drag the window up until the save button appears and click it with the stylus.

Yes Yes YES! This works great! Thank you so much! :lol:

Back