Release Shadow Warrior

If you got the datafiles from gog or something they are wrapped with another engine.

I should clarify that you only need the grp.

As aid, if you want music, you need the audiofiles from the cd ripped as ogg in the pnd, too.

Of course with the original gamefiles I meant the contents of the shadowwarrior folder how it would be originally on your pc.

When you get the files from gog or something, they are most likely wrapped into something like dosbox that allows you to play on a modern pc.
Yes I have the .ogg files = e101.ogg, e102.ogg,e103.ogg,e104.ogg and theme.ogg. Are they placed right in appdata>shadowwarrior folder or a sub folder named  ogg or sound?

The game runs great otherwise.

Last edited:
I think you are breaking new ground on Ogg music, I have to rip it myself from my own Shadow Warrior CD and too lazy to do that. I'd try it in the main directory first.. then try sub-folders later if it doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are breaking new ground on Ogg music, I have to rip it myself from my own Shadow Warrior CD and too lazy to do that. I'd try it in the main directory first.. then try sub-folders later if it doesn't work.
Mr. Ogg here  :unsure:   ...with that said I can tell you I made a sub folder ogg in shadowwarrior folder. I herd faint music at the start menu but then it disappeared. I am now trying to find this silver key and every time I get close to the lock I hear symbols/gong in the back ground . The music is faint at best and inconsistent for me. I turned down all other sound effects except music so perhaps I could hear the music louder but that did not work and the other sound affects/ambience is still rather loud even when set low. So maybe not so groundbreaking  :eek: . Still tinkering.

Last edited:
The ogg files belong into the main appdatafolder besides your grp file. They have to be named track02.ogg-track14.ogg.

The ogg files belong into the main appdatafolder besides your grp file. They have to be named track02.ogg-track14.ogg.
I know you would not donate those files to me and I understand the reason. I am going to try a mp3 to ogg converter to get those missing files I need.

I cannot distribute those files freely but if you have mp3s of them a conversion is a good solution.

Btw. Those musicfiles you have are just midi recordings of the sharewareversion. In the full game there are 13 tracks.

You need to rip them from the actual cd.

Btw. Those musicfiles you have are just midi recordings of the sharewareversion. In the full game there are 13 tracks.

yes sir i will. But not from a cd  ;)  

Last edited:

yes sir i will. But not from a cd  ;)  
Got all 13 tracks and it sounds awesome.Took me over 2 hours to find & convert tracks!! Used the mp3 to oog converter. Highly recommended.

You should here theme upon opening game.

No cd used. Full tracks. ;)  

Last edited:
Back when this game was released, I played only the shareware version, and it was very funny. Gotta test this PND. Thanks!

I have tested it right now. Ogg music rocks. Game works well, but with some hitches (could it be because of the ogg music?).

Definitely a good port to play. Thanks!

Yes, I noticed some small hiccups, too while playing ogg music.

Looks like they go away if you play for a bit.

You can also try to reencode the oggfiles with a low bitrate to make it more smooth.

Tnx a lot for this game, it runs great.

However i might have found a bug.

By default the game runs in fullscreen, but when i disabled it to play around with the resolutions, i was never able to re enable full screen.

When i activate full screen, and press apply settings, nothing happens.

Is there any other way to re activate full screen after it has been disabled once?

Hi, needed to havk around in the source to make it fullscreen, as it doesn't seem to detect videomodes correctly.
It should start in fullscreenmode everytime, no matter what you select in the settings.

Hi, needed to havk around in the source to make it fullscreen, as it doesn't seem to detect videomodes correctly. It should start in fullscreenmode everytime, no matter what you select in the settings.
Well first time i started the game, it ran in widescreen without black borders on the side.

Then after fiddling around it now only runs in 4:3.

Il delete all the config files in the appdata folder, that will probably fix the problem.

Tnx for the response

That, or set the resolution to 800x480. But you are right, there might be a bug, that prevents you from selecting the right res.
Will have a look at this gin.

That, or set the resolution to 800x480. But you are right, there might be a bug, that prevents you from selecting the right res. Will have a look at this gin.
Tried that, but the game crashes back to desktop when i select that resolution.

Back