Shareware/the Hives/ Encryption?

Skop

AutoBots.....Transform!!
Website
Visit site
No matter what audio file I try to download from kazaalite++ that belongs to The Hives I get the same silent/buzz sound.

Has The Hives chosen to encypt (for lack of a more accurate word) their new album? Especially the single 'walk idiot walk?

Basically, has anyone else had the same problem or is it common knowledge?

Note: no problem with kazaalite, have downloaded and listened to other files NOT Hives.

you dirty pirate

this is just what the record companies have done to stop your evil kind. the best bet would be to go for either .wma files (don't seem to be as many fakes with this) or to go the route of edonkey (seems to take longer) or do the intelligent thing and just use bittorrent!

Hmm, I would use bittorrent, I seem to have downloaded it (says with work with torrent enabled sites (?))

No interface whatsoever it seems with bittorrent, not like kazaalite anyway. not sure how it works/what to do.
Anyway i'm not curious to find out (yet), just want to know the answer to the original question.

kazaa - thats your reason right there. switch over to something like SOULSEEK ive yet to find any fake files on there plus its easy to get full albums. also make sure you read this soulseek for idiots guide to help you get up and running. edonkey is shit btw and torrent is only good for games and movies.

another edit - be sure to get the latest version from here

go to www.suprnova.org

do a search click the links, your bittorrent thing will either kick in automatically, or save target as the links and then open them with your bittorrent thing.

i recommend bittornado

@gimp, is soulseek good these days then? i remember following the post-napster & post-audiogalaxy days soulseek was set to become my p2p of choice, then it got fucked for like six months and by that time i'd migrated to kaazalite and winmx.

yeah man soulseek is growing FAST and i mean fast practically everybody shares and for those that dont theres a handy ban feature. the server goes down sometimes but its for a day at the most and very rarely nowadays. i highly recommend it. username = bringoutthegimp

Think one of you can try to download 'walk idiot walk' by The Hives on your file-sharing networks?

If the CD's are encrypted, it wouldn't work even on your networks.

done as i suspected kazaa is infested with fakes............it works fine my side.

edit:: you still use winmx? last time i used that it was slow as shit and it didnt have the ability to resume downloads. has that changed?

i rarely use it myself, just completes the list alongside kaazalite, edonkey, bittorrent n mirc.

its getting ~10kb from one user, so its ok. yeah it resumes, just hard to always find the same files!

spray posted on Jul 24 2004 at 09:02 PM said:
ah well, you could try getting the video and vdubbing the audio to a seperate mp3.
whats the point in downloading a huge video then getting bad quality sound when you could head on over to soulseek and download the real file

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve-O posted on Jul 25 2004 at 02:35 AM said:
P2P and Bittorrent is for noob's :p

IRC is the way to go :) hehe
Well for the average user that doesn't have the time to learn how to use IRC and wants a quick and easy way to get files it's good for. Anyway I know how to use IRC, but really if I want something besides VCD's and games I will go to a good p2p. I don't like IRC because it's mostly filled with pompous assholes that aren't friendly to new comers and think because there sharing like 500 gigs of pirated material that they are gods and that they deserve to be able to download files with out waiting in slots and that they are so above the new comers who have like 500 megs shared.

bringoutthegimp posted on Jul 25 2004 at 12:15 PM said:
thebluenewt posted on Jul 25 2004 at 01:00 PM said:
I just got it from the excellent alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.indie
what are these alt.binary things btw? how do you access them?
Newsgroups.

skysnapper posted on Jul 25 2004 at 01:23 PM said:
bringoutthegimp posted on Jul 25 2004 at 12:15 PM said:
thebluenewt posted on Jul 25 2004 at 01:00 PM said:
I just got it from the excellent alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.indie
what are these alt.binary things btw? how do you access them?
Newsgroups.
Arent all things in newsgroups logged? When we learnt about them in Computing the lecturer said that it is :s

I use BitTorrent, Overnet, Kazza Lite and mIRC myself for getting files :)

I know someone with > 2.5TB of anime on IRC :D

Back