Shareware/the Hives/ Encryption?

PinkSpider posted on Jul 25 2004 at 12:26 PM said:
skysnapper posted on Jul 25 2004 at 01:23 PM said:
bringoutthegimp posted on Jul 25 2004 at 12:15 PM said:
thebluenewt posted on Jul 25 2004 at 01:00 PM said:
I just got it from the excellent alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.indie
what are these alt.binary things btw? how do you access them?
Newsgroups.
Arent all things in newsgroups logged? When we learnt about them in Computing the lecturer said that it is :s

I use BitTorrent, Overnet, Kazza Lite and mIRC myself for getting files :)

I know someone with > 2.5TB of anime on IRC :D
I've not been arrested yet, not that I ever post anyway...

Bit-torrent is being closely watched these days, I wouldn't dare use it without protowall running.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm, The latest version of soulseek seems to be missing some parts in the guide.

There isn't a 'stop search' button, or a user list for me to add you bringoutthegimp.

hmmm...

with the new EU legislation that has been passed and some stuff i believe they have in the pipeline, its only a matter of time before we see large scale legal action in europe as seen in the US.

i've had a couple of letters from the MPAA myself, soon put a stop to my film d/l. can't say the same about music or warez though :ph34r:

I couldnt give a shit if they send letters to me. So what they disconnect me, try to sue me, FFS I only have £10.

finty101 posted on Jul 25 2004 at 02:55 PM said:
I couldnt give a shit if they send letters to me. So what they disconnect me, try to sue me, FFS I only have £10.
then they will bankrupt you, which means you will never ever be able to:

Own a Mortgage (unless it one of those ones from the shite ads on TV
Get a legitimate Loan
Get reasonable car insurance (or any insurance for that matter)
Own a Credit Card

sam fisher posted on Jul 25 2004 at 03:46 PM said:
What is protowall and where can I aquire it?
its a tool that blocks i.p. addresses from bad "ranges" basically those belonging to law enforcement and copyright people.

google it

ive been getting into irc today. great stuff but you have to go deep underground to find those isos which is annoying, but once you find them................

i dont understand these people who get scared. what the fuck are they gonna do? the worst that can happen is that theyll stop your internet or something homo erotic like that

bringoutthegimp posted on Jul 25 2004 at 05:19 PM said:
ive been getting into irc today. great stuff but you have to go deep underground to find those isos which is annoying, but once you find them................

i dont understand these people who get scared. what the fuck are they gonna do? the worst that can happen is that theyll stop your internet or something homo erotic like that
But I really don't want to lose the net to be honest.

Plus I'd get such a bollockin from the rents.

bringoutthegimp posted on Jul 25 2004 at 05:25 PM said:
also im seriously considering this protowall BUT, will i have to do any funky shit to get torrent/mirc/soulseek to work?
Nah, I've found it blocks a few websites (like inktank.com for some reason) but it's made for p2p programs so they should all work fine.

I don't see anyone getting sued or bankrupted, worst you'll get is a letter. I hear that smaller ISPs are safer because they tend to target ones like BT, glad I'm on pipex. :)

Glad im leaving BT. Not so glad my only other option is AOL. Glad AOL dont cap my connection. Glad im upgrading to 1Mb. Glad I dont always talk like this. Glad im stopping know.

Back