Shenmue 3 Kickstarter has begun

^

original.jpg

grump grump grump rant about kickstarter grump grump get off my lawn.

But as Exophase says, this does start anb interesting precident. If a large compay is afraid of doing something with its IP because the last game didn't do well or whatever perhaps they can be convinced with a successful Kickstarter, as we see here.

Ces't la vita! Interesting indeed. I'll need to finish shenmue 2 on dc first though. I remember getting stuck on a badly designed quicktime event in said game and lamenting the fact that I could not continue. Maybe i should dig out my copy

yeah, nothing wrong with that. Run it in 60hz or VGA mode and what's the difference?

Yes, but in this case (SONY's point) Shenmue II on DC was japanese only with English subs for the PAL release. It was only the Xbox version that had a crappy English dub I think.

Dump question:  How do we know if this Kickstarter is not a scam and not from Yu-san himself?

Also, it would be cool he could port Shenmue 1, 2 and 3 to the New 3DS.  Shenmue in 3D on the go?!  Wow! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing Shenmue 2 on my DC tonight. I was only on dic1, I just reached disc2. I'm going to envoy it slowly so I don't have to wait for too long between when I finish it and when Shenmue 3 arrives.

I had played only Shenmue1 and was waiting for an annoucement of the 3 to play Shenmue 2.

I will play 1 and 2 again when Shenmue 3 arrives in 12/17.  It's been awhile since I played them.  I remember playing Shenmue 1 and 2 Japanese versions on my Japanese Dreamcast 'cause I couldn't wait for the English version.   I managed to finish both without knowing a single Japanese.   It was hard navigating around and understanding crucial dialogs, but it was worth it.  Then the English version came out, and I couldn't stand the voice over so never got through the English version.

Back