Successor to the Bliss-Box controller adapter is currently on Kickstarter

ssokolow

The maker of the Bliss-Box controller adapter is currently making a second attempt to Kickstart the 4-controller successor to it (the first attempt didn't meet its goals) and I thought that, if anywhere might be an appropriate place to spread the word, it'd be here.

Bliss-Box : 4-Play - One Adapter for Many Controllers

I'd give a summary of what I think is cool about it, but there are so many different things I can't decide. (...and the Kickstarter page is pretty much already a summary despite its length.)

(However, I can share a few extra non-obvious details which I got clarified by asking about them: He's interested in supporting every weird 3rd-party controller he can get access to, it's a pure USB HID device, AVR-based using bootloadHID as a bootloader, and the firmware will be open-source... though he reserves the right to consider closing the source for further updates if he starts selling hundreds of thousands of units in order to prevent usual Mayflash shenanigans.)

Nice name!  ;)

Thanks for the links.  I am looking at all these now, and some of it is pretty cool, and expensive.

I tend to think it'd be better if each adaptor cable spoke USB and the main box was just a USB hub, but I can see why he's gone this way (because it makes the cables simpler, and nobody would pay $10 for a USB hub).  Doesn't seem too expensive, I'm just concerned that somewhere down the line the box and some of those cables will get separated, and then some years down the line I'll find one of them and wonder what the hell it is.

I'm really hoping it gets funded. I was thinking about buying a second mayflash adapter, but this should allow for just one USB port to be taken up and still have 4 controllers plugged in.

Back