Shipping To End User?

Mjlink said:
Do we have an answer on this?

Peace & cannabis,

Link
I don't know about the US, but in the UK it was Royal Mail, IIRC. I seem to recall someone or something saying DHL, but Craig said he was getting boxes from FedEx. This was all a long time ago, too, and so something could have changed since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also interested in knowing because I'm trying to figure out if it is worthwhile to pay an extra $20 or so for the expedited shipping. Which courier will they use for "airmail" (I have ordered from companies that used airmail before, but they usually specify a courier...) and how long does this specific service offered by this courier take for delivery? What about the expedited shipping option?

Boxes are free but I imagine anything they send in them would be in another bag for whatever company they actually use for shipping. So you might get a DHL bag with a fedex box in it... But then again with the recent boxes that the devs got recently non of those were fedex boxes from what I could tell. I suppose the question at this point is how did they ship THOSE.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52262-usa-shipment-method-what-will-it-be/

hosant said:
I payed for "UPS 24/48 hr shipping $49". What should i expect?

I would take it that even with 24/48 hours shipping you'd still need to wait for the package to get out of the UK before it got into the hands of UPS.

Alpha2 said:
hosant said:
I payed for "UPS 24/48 hr shipping $49". What should i expect?

I would take it that even with 24/48 hours shipping you'd still need to wait for the package to get out of the UK before it got into the hands of UPS.

No, we have UPS and those horrible brown vans over here too. Things I ship to my boss in the US (always by UPS) usually arrive the next day or the day after. Don't worry, if you paid for UPS and it said UPS then you'll get UPS.

Hello ____,

I have updated your shipping details again to the address below.

Yes your queue position is still around ?1 maybe a little lower. The Town Hall is being fully prepared as we speak.

You have chosen UPS shipping, so as soon as you receive your confirmation of despatch email and tracking number your Pandora will be delivered within 24/48hrs.

Take care

Jacquelyn
I had to update my shippiing address again (the 4th time), I always find this a good time to get some inside information, so I'll relay it. I guess some folks very low in the que have actually cancelled. Might be less than 2 more weeks... :D

Peace & West Coast Cannabis,

Link

So after moving an assembly line to UK how OP Team is going to handle any custom duties when ships to US? Before was easy - bought in UE/UK but will ship from US. Now it will come as bought in UE/UK and ships from UE, also the Pandora is worth more then $150 so we have 90% to get custom duties to pay :\

JackTheKnife said:
how OP Team is going to handle any custom duties when ships to US?
What is the team supposed to handle, exactly? Dealing with import duty on items bought for personal use that are above a certain value has always been the buyer's job in any international transaction. :p

But, read below.

Now it will come as bought in UE/UK and ships from UE, also the Pandora is worth more then $150 so we have 90% to get custom duties to pay :\
I suggest taking a look at this thread. The whole thing is an interesting read, but the link I've posted goes straight to post 22, which seems to be the most recent finding that folks here have made on the matter.

I was thinking that OP Team will have the assembly line in US (different country then the Pandora was sold aka country of origin at customs papers) to avoid any custom duties between North America and UE. Now it will make extra 20-25% of value. IMO a lot of people will cancel their orders :\

JackTheKnife said:
I was thinking that OP Team will have the assembly line in US (...) to avoid any custom duties between North America and UE...
No. There never be committed shipping from US for US residents. It was always just "maybe" and this "maybe" was stated long after ordering.

Why 20-25%? Higher than that is apparently going to places like Brazil or Puerto Rico, but the US duty is generally, at most, state tax. So 15% or so. And that's only if they charge duty, which they may not, since it seems to be falling under the tiny-laptop rule. I also think you're overestimating both the number of people this affects and the number of people of those that would cancel because of it. The Pandora was sold world wide, and US sales only make up a portion of them.
Finally, it was never going to be assembled in the US to avoid duty fees. That would be tax evasion and very illegal. It was never a guaranteed thing that they could have shipped straight from the factory, and the more I think about it the more I believe they might not have been able to anyway. When they imported the parts to the factory in Texas, they would have had to sign documents saying it was only temporary for assembly, otherwise they would have had to pay import duty. Once assembled, they would have to export them back to the UK to comply with the letter they signed.
Long story short, absolutely nothing has changed from the receiver's perspective.

edit: :ph34r:
peca said:
No. There never be committed shipping from US for US residents. It was always just "maybe" and this "maybe" was stated long after ordering.
Another good point. Not worrying about paying the duty was to be an extra bonus that was added well after ordering. If it suddenly doesn't work, the orders are still at least happening the way they were originally. Why would people cancel over losing something they weren't originally expecting to get?

peca said:
JackTheKnife said:
I was thinking that OP Team will have the assembly line in US (...) to avoid any custom duties between North America and UE...
Agreed. It was never part of the original plan then came up later as a possibility, but even then iwas sort of a grey area of legality. In that, I'm not sure it was legal to skirt the import fees given it is a UK product.

Back