The Chinese Saga...

Well its 10 PM in China and we have not received any news on anything shipping. Looks like all the parts will not ship at the end of this week like we were told. Crag tweeted
Looks like the Pandora parts will be arriving next week for sure.
Maybe that is old news. I am kind of bummed. I would feel better if at least something shipped like some of the boards. I remember on these forums in 2009 when Craig said he was prepared to say they would ship in July. Some people joked that he did not mention the year and was referring to 2010. That sad thing is I think it will be July when the bulk of preorders receive their Pandora’s.

aaronson911 said:
Well its 10 PM in China and we have not received any news on anything shipping. Looks like all the parts will not ship at the end of this week like we were told. Crag tweeted
Maybe that is old news. I am kind of bummed. I would feel better if at least something shipped like some of the boards. I remember on these forums in 2009 when Craig said he was prepared to say they would ship in July. Some people joked that he did not mention the year and was referring to 2010. That sad thing is I think it will be July when the bulk of preorders receive their Pandora's.

I think you're being optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
aaronson911 said:
Maybe that is old news. I am kind of bummed. I would feel better if at least something shipped like some of the boards. I remember on these forums in 2009 when Craig said he was prepared to say they would ship in July. Some people joked that he did not mention the year and was referring to 2010. That sad thing is I think it will be July when the bulk of preorders receive their Pandora’s.
I'm still have the slightly Feeling, the Chinese Company didn't even started with the final 1000 Cases in Mass production because they never started with this since they had their "green light" end of January, when I remember correctly. (Yes, I don't forget such dates! ;) ) :D
Craigix mentioned "Next week" so this is usualy at the end of the week for him. Otherwiese he woul have sayed "Mondy next week" or "beginning next week". ;)
Maybe the Boards have been shipped and should arrive Monday or maybe Saturday/Sunday. Maybe not.
I think, the more sensitive Question is, when they have the green light for the other 3000 Boards to populate. MWeston is the key and of course the capacity of the US Factory.
Same for the Chinese Cases. Even when we have the first 1K Cases, the Chinhese Company don't do anything, until Craigix gives the green light for the rest. And even then, nobody knows when they will have a free slot for these final 9K cases to produce.

Just my guessing. Please proof that I'm completely wrong. In this case I would like to hear, that I'm wrong and everything is alreday much much better. ;)

MooTheKow said:
aaronson911 said:
Maybe that is old news. I am kind of bummed. I would feel better if at least something shipped like some of the boards. I remember on these forums in 2009 when Craig said he was prepared to say they would ship in July. Some people joked that he did not mention the year and was referring to 2010. That sad thing is I think it will be July when the bulk of preorders receive their Pandora's.

I think you're being optimistic.

I have lost track of false promises and missed dealines. Frankly feel hustled. And if I were you guys, I'd be pretty damn concerned that every word or comment out of your mouths is met with pessimism. A Man has a few key assets in life, first and foremost is his word. Break a promise once and you risk no one taking you at your word, do it more than once and you guarantee it. Particularly in business, and ike it or not, once you took peoples $, you became a business.

Unless the OP team confirms shipments of the cases and boards has taken place I don't believe for a single moment stuff will arrive next week.

I remember (but unfortunately cannot find) a recent post from ED stating shipment is likely to take place this Thursday/Friday. Assuming OP would, like us, find this extremely good news they would post actual confirmation quickly, but since today's working day is long over in China and no update has been made, I'm afraid we can kiss next week goodbye. That's assuming nothing happens at the factories during the weekend (which is pretty likely if they have a similar work schedule like us).

Zotty said:
Unless the OP team confirms shipments of the cases and boards has taken place I don't believe for a single moment stuff will arrive next week.

I remember (but unfortunately cannot find) a recent post from ED stating shipment is likely to take place this Thursday/Friday. Assuming OP would, like us, find this extremely good news they would post actual confirmation quickly, but since today's working day is long over in China and no update has been made, I'm afraid we can kiss next week goodbye. That's assuming nothing happens at the factories during the weekend (which is pretty likely if they have a similar work schedule like us).

They don't - Chinese factories operate through Saturday.

Back