Update regarding the cases (and some other things)

The case color isn’t something I’ll be picky about, but if there is a color option I’ll surely take it. Almost all my stuff is already black or clear/white, so a similarly colored Pyra will feel like just another device.

I’m not going to dye a clear case, I’m pretty sure it won’t look as good as a case made of colored plastic.

Need more case pics.

I'd vote for black inner lid whatever the rest of the case looks like. Black LCD surround for better contrast against whatever's on screen.
What if the stuff being displayed is mostly black? I think black around the display with another color for the rest looks cool. I am guessing my taste ifs influenced by something mostly forgotten from my childhood (was thinking Game Boy, but not so sure).

giphy.gif

I grew up in a town in the Anthracite region of Pennsylvania (Pennsyltuckey). There is no gray in Antracite, it is a shiny black, sometimes it even peacocks and turns a rainbow of colors.

Definitely true and plain to see in every natural history exhibit, however I believe that if we are talking an industrial color and a thing manufactured in Germany where RAL is king, 'anthracite' most likely means RAL 7016 'Anthracite gray'. In my former workplace (aluminium and pvc window factory) this used to be a pretty standard color for both powder coating and plastic film, but I looking around get the feeling that it is pretty common in other industries.

So in this context I believe most people mean the hex code of (for some reason I can't paste a link to the kind of site that generates these colors, but they'd be distorted on most monitors anyway):
#383e42

Anyway, the produced cases should be 100% perfect physically (and with 50 sets, I can test the tolerances as well) and can assemble all the prototypes.

I'm anxiously awaiting news of the arrival of boxes of case parts. Silly, I know.

I'm still rooting for velvety deep dark red with a keymat in a warm beige and a dark LCD frame. The latter not a dark colour, but dark dark.

And if that's not a go, then make the first 1k a screeming safety orange.

If you want the keymat in a warm beige, you'll have to be willing to buy 1000 of them. Perhaps you could get some friends to chip in... :)

-Neelix

no worries, i probably jinxed us ;)
of course, "soon" on a geologic timescale can mean a few years...
Well this supervulcano is a bit weirder than the usual. Last time it errupted (a bit over 500y) have been a pain for (just) italia.
But one of it's previous erruption (~40000y) is belived to be one of the main reason of the demise of neandertalis by covering all europ (and a bit of north africa) by a thick strate of hash which had a large impact on life (plants, plant eater animals, and so their predator : humans) and it cooled the earth by 2 degrees...
So having an idea of the impact of one of its erruption is a bit of gamble.

But yeah, the article is not even news. there's rumor on the net about this for over 2 years now (like : http://www.2012un-nouveau-paradigme...-centre-des-preoccupations-scientifiques.html) and we may not see its next erruption within our life... but it can also be tommorow.
If you realy want to be afraid of a volcano, yellowstone too is waking up, and that could be a world-wide event...

Back