Release Shmupacabra

Farox

Certified Guru
Website
rbnet.it
Hi

I have ported to Pandora the game Shmupacabra by Arturs Grebstelis aka Snauts.

Its a side scrolling Bullet Hell game written in C SDL/OpenGL and lua, and on pandora is running thanks to Lunixbochs glshim library :) .

I have only recompiled the code and tweacked the fx to reduce the numbers of stars in movement on menu page...i have not touched the rest of the code.

In this game the action is very intense (like other bullet hell stile games..) but as its written in lua, when there are many bullet on screen, Pandora struggle a lot to mantain a high frame rate...maybe overclocking could reduce the struggle...(all tested only on my CC Pandora), but i don't know if i will be able to obtain more speed in future tweacking the code.

The controls are configurable in the menu and at first i suggest to play the little tutorial so you could understand how to play.

So enjoy this beta version and if you have suggestion feel free to write here.

a Shot:

shumpa01.png

And a video (by Ingoreis ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eB2nssbgyY&feature=player_embedded#t=0

Download here at repo

Last edited by a moderator:
I was contacted by the original author, and is very happy to see someone shows interest in his games, so happy that it has donated to me some money :)

I have replied to him with thanks for the donation and the intent to finish the other port of the other games from him (GameLV and Lariad).

Thanks again. B)

Thanks ingo, added on first post.

You can move faster when shot button isn't pressed...the game is designed like it.

I'll take a look at the GL and see if there's anything obvious going on.

I bleeve I shall give this one a try, I do enjoy a good thousand-bullet-hell game every so often when I'm in the right mod - usually wanting to smash someone's face in, LOL

Back