Shortcut Dissapears On Reboot

tds48

dunce hat back on ...

I created a shortcut in the terminal using a command on one of the tips and tweaks thread - basically wanted cpuspeed accessable from the desktop

sudo ln -s /usr/share/applications/op_cpuspeed#5.desktop ~/Desktop/op_cpuspeed#5.desktop

However everytime I reboot it dissapears - Is there a way to make it "stick"

Any help appreciated Linux is a new beast to me

TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
dunce hat back on ...

I created a shortcut in the terminal using a command on one of the tips and tweaks thread - basically wanted cpuspeed accessable from the desktop

sudo ln -s /usr/share/applications/op_cpuspeed#5.desktop ~/Desktop/op_cpuspeed#5.desktop

However everytime I reboot it dissapears - Is there a way to make it "stick"

Any help appreciated Linux is a new beast to me

im presuming i need to stick this in a startup scripts or something - anyone? thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Best thing to do would be to make a PND that calls your script, and that way you can get the link directly on the desktop just like any other PND ..

torpor said:
Best thing to do would be to make a PND that calls your script, and that way you can get the link directly on the desktop just like any other PND ..

excellent - thanks for the reply ... now for the obvious question is there a thread/page showing how to create a pnd (probably been asked like 1000 000 000 000 times before .. I will search (promise) but if you know off hand that will be great!

alternatiely there is a PND in software hacking *blows his own trumpet* that will do the trick for you. Unfortunately you've got 5 presets. I add them to the start-menu. I guess it would cause a bit too much clutter on the desktop *stops blowing - it's not his fault though, it's like XFCE's!*<br><br>(and while it may not be hard to do, Pandora doesn't include everything required to do it natively, unfortunately)<br>

Pleng said:
alternatiely there is a PND in software hacking *blows his own trumpet* that will do the trick for you. Unfortunately you've got 5 presets. I add them to the start-menu. I guess it would cause a bit too much clutter on the desktop *stops blowing - it's not his fault though, it's like XFCE's!*<br><br>(and while it may not be hard to do, Pandora doesn't include everything required to do it natively, unfortunately)<br>

Thanks Pleng Ill have a look!

Back